And This Is Why I Dont Trust

Tony and I work in his lab all day. It's really exciting having a friend outside of work. We work until the sun begins to set and I completely forget about the machine running on the opposite side of the room.

We finish up for the day and we've got a really unique design for a weapon and I couldn't be more excited.

"I'm starving." Tony complains as I sit at the work table, sketching out the plans.

"Then go eat." I respond, my eyes staying on the paper.

He shrugs. "You want anything?"

I pause for a moment. "Nah i'm good."

"Suit yourself." Hs says before taking off towards the door. "I think you machine is done." He says quickly before closing the door behind him.

I perk up and drop the pencil on the table. I jump up from the chair and scramble to the machine. The screen on top shone a bright green and I grinned as I gently opened the lid and take out my evidence. I collect all the evidence bags and gently put them into a larger bag.

I throw the bag over my shoulder and slide over to the printer a few feet away. Six or seven freshly printed papers sat on the tray and they were still warm when I picked them up and started to thumb through them.

I leave the lab and walk down the hallway, my eyes buried in the reports. I quickly pull the papers to my chest when I hear voices nearby.

My shoulders relax as soon as I recognize the voices. I had been incredibly paranoid recently. I continue reading the papers as I walk through the kitchen and towards my room.

"Y/n! Join us!" A voice booms from the table.

I wave them off and continue towards my room with my eyes still glued to the papers. I heard a small grunt from the group as I rounded the corner and found my door.

I shove the door open and close it right behind me. I pause from reading and use tacks to pin the various reports and images onto my wall.

I finally had everything I needed to start my investigation. I pull my hair back into a messy bun and grab a marker and some post it notes.

I stand facing the wall with my hand on my hip, not knowing where to start. I had everything mapped out from the time it all started. I slide over the very left side and begin to analyze the images of the empty floorboard.

I start to write down a list of names on a post it note and I stick it to the wall beside the image of the empty floorboard: Jordan, Julia, Todd, Fury, Maria, Michael, Gabe, and Ben. All the people who had known about the dagger. Ya know the super soldier killing dagger? That one.

They either knew about it because they were on my team or because I had told them over drinks. I knew each and every one of them though. None of them were capable of anything bad so who took it?

I could try and access their SHIELD files but I would need higher access for that. Basically i'd have to call Fury and now is not the time for that. If I was lucky enough, he would come after someone tells him about my little excursion.

I take a few steps to the side and find myself in front of the finger print from my apartment. The print had been compared to thousands in our database. Only one match had been made. Maria Hill? What. The. Hell.

Now I definitely needed to call Fury.

Just as I go to reach for my phone, someone knocks on the door. I look down at my phone and then back at the door. I sigh as I turn around and jog to my door. I crack it open just a little bit and stick my head in the crack.

I am met with someone chest. Talk about awkward. I slowly look up to see a smirking Bucky and I roll my eyes.

"Yes?" I laugh.

He lifts a plate to my line of vision. "Hungry?" He offers.

I open the door just a little more and graciously take the plate from him. Apparently the door was opened enough for him to see my wall of chaos.

"Whatcha doing in here?" He asks as he puts his hand on the door and lightly pushes it open.

I quickly press my hand against the door, not allowing him to open it anymore. "Nothing." I reply slyly.

He raises an eyebrow at me. "I got you out of here to do your little adventure. Let me help." He says.

I look back at my wall and back to him. I groan and loosen my grip on the door. His smile grows as I turn back and walk over to the wall.

"Close the door though." I demand as I sit on the floor with a perfect view of the investigation.

I hear the door close and footsteps coming up behind me.

"Damn." I hear him say under his breath.

He eventually sits down besides me. "What do you have so far?"

Between bites of food I slide my notebook over to him. I wait as he reads through my notes.

"Why is Fury's name circled a million times?" He asks sarcastically.

"I need to talk to him." I say with my mouth full.

He scoffs. "Well lucky for you Nat called him so i'm guessing he's on his way."

I smile and put the plate down on the floor next to me. "That's exactly what I was counting on."

I stand up and go over everything I had looked at so far. There was notes in the notebook and notes on post it notes and even notes on the analysis itself.

"You really think Hill took the dagger?" He finally asks.

I shrug and open my mouth to say something but before I can, I hear shouting from outside my room.

I grin and clap my hands together. He was here.