“She’s just asleep Matthias.” He fell in step with me as we walked up the stairs. “How did she find out about Ryan?”

“She was in the library and over heard us speaking. She’s been through so much Matthias; I hate to see her hurting.” He sighed softly and laid his hand on my shoulder. “She’s a strong one Draco. She’ll be alright; she just needs a little time.”

Matthias’s POV

I sat beside my daughter’s bed and watched her sleep. Draco was on his way to his hotel to make sure everything was packed. He left tomorrow and I knew that he was just waiting on Callie’s decision. I gently picked her hand up and held it between both of mine.

“Callie sweetheart,” I whisper softly, “Whatever you decide, I’ll stand behind you. You’re my daughter, my world and I would do anything in my power to take away the pain you’re going through now. But trust me when I say that it’ll get easier to bare as the days pass. You’ll always have the memories of him, and one day you’ll be able to look back without feeling the pain that comes with them.”

I sat there for hours, keeping watch as she slept. As I stood to leave, she whimpered. She flinched and then muttered something. I lean closer to see if I could hear what she was saying. “Thane…Thane, I’m sorry. This was the best way.”

I held my breath as she started to toss and turn. “You were meant to be mine Thane.” She mutters again, a look of sorrow filled her face that it broke my heart. “But you chose Rose. You didn’t wait for me.”

And that’s when I understood what she was talking about. Thane was the mate that nearly caused her death. Gritting my teeth, I stride from her room with one thought on my mind: making Thane pay for his mistake. I went to my room and opened a link with the Moon Goddess. Werewolves were her children. As such, each of us could link when her whenever we wished, though she didn’t always answer.

Goddess, are you there? I asked as I took a seat in my chair. I didn’t know when she would answer so I got comfortable. I’m here Matthias. What can I do for you?

I need your help. My daughter’s ex-mate…

Thane Hayes, yes I know him.

I need your help in making him pay. He marked another.

Rose. She said softly. I’ve been watching them since Callie came home Matthias.

What of Rose’s true mate Goddess? Is he dead?

He’s a human, so it won’t hit him for a few more days. Though he did feel it when Rose marked Thane. He thought he was having a heart attack. What would you like to do Matthias? I closed my eyes to think.

Death would be too easy for them. Thane, Rose and anyone else responsible for this should lose any title they hold, and their wolves.

I agree. And it shall be done Matthias. This hasn’t happened in so many years, that I thought it never would. But the time has come for a change. And then she was gone.

Thane’s POV

My father, Rose and I were in my office. We were supposed to be talking about the addition to the pack house, but I wasn’t paying much attention. Ever since I marked Rose, my life has been so messed up.

Suddenly silence filled the room and I looked up. Standing before us was a beautiful woman. Just by looking at her I knew who she was, and it scared me. She looked at all three of us and you could see she was upset and angry. “Alpha Hayes.” She speaks, looking right at my father. “It pains me to have to do this, but I must. For what the three of you have done shouldn’t go unpunished. I strip the title of alpha from each of you.

“Thane, Rose, and William, from this day forward you will have no wolf. Rose, you will bare Thane one child, a son. I suggest you raise him well for when he turns 21, he shall be alpha. But, if he follows in his father’s steps and marks another who isn’t his true mate, this entire pack will suffer along with him.”

With that said, she disappeared. For my stupidity and caving into my father’s constant pressuring, not only did I kill Callie, but now it cost me my wolf and my Alpha position. I vowed that my son would wait for his mate. I wouldn’t let the same misfortune befall him if I could prevent it.  

Dale’s POV

(Rose’s True Mate)

(Human)

For the past week, I have been going out of my mind. There has been a constant stabbing pain in my heart and I thought I was having a heart attack. My friends rushed me to the hospital. The doctors ran multiple tests, but found nothing wrong with. I knew that it confused them as much as it did me.

With each passing day, I found myself growing weaker and weaker. And today was no exception. I had to force myself out of bed. Stumbling to the kitchen, I knew somehow that I didn’t have much longer to live. Don’t ask me how I knew, I just did.

“Dale.” A soft, womanly voice called to me and I slowly turned around. She stepped closer to me and smiled. I knew I should be afraid. I mean, my apartment is seven stories up and the door is dead bolted shut. There was no way this woman should be standing before me, but here she was.

“I’m not here to harm you Dale. I’m a friend.” She smiles sadly at me and for some reason it felt as if she pitied me. “The pain you’ve been filling over the past week was due to your soul mate being marked by another. I’m here to fix the mess they created.”

She placed a hand on my chest above my heart and I felt a warm feeling surge through me. I felt energetic and better than I have in a long time. “You have a very long and happy life ahead of you Dale. It won’t be long now before you meet the love of your life. Her name is Ellen. Ellen Lafayette.” Then before I could blink, she was gone. What in the blue blazes just happened?