Checkmate ~ TW swearing, minor gore

||Techno's POV||

I sprinted to the community house, the worn structure coming into my view as I pounded towards it. Ignoring the confused looks from the others surrounding the building I tried the heavy door, rattling the handle I almost screamed in frustration. 

"One goddamn door isn't stopping me Dream" I growl before ramming into the door with my shoulder, the well worn door swung open without hesitation as I stomped into the building. 

I scanned the dim room, revealing a tall figure, his green cloak flowing ominously around his body. I growl swinging the axe in my hands as I walk towards him, I stare into face, my crimson eyes piercing through the white porcelain mask. I reach out to grab him but he ducks, "oh hey techno" he smiles with a tone that makes my blood boil. I open my mouth to say something but he stops me, "she's not at the cottage anymore" I let the words echo in the air, filling it heavily. 

Playing them in my head again I control my murderous intent, "what the hell do you mean?" I growl at him my voice rough and guttural.

 He smirks underneath his mask, "you failed to protect her twice today, she's not at the house" he repeats slinking towards the door. 

I follow him, sheathing my axe, I duck under the door frame, "bullshit" I frown as I step back out of the house. The light paints the beautiful scene to tranquilly, contrasting against the swirling dark thoughts trapped in my mind, I cringe but take a deep breath.

"she's not" the green hooded man replies walking towards the cottage. 

I follow him cautiously, my clawed hand resting on the hilt of my axe, he turns to me chuckling at my tense posture. "don't worry I'm pretty sure he won't kill her" he spits with a grin. I feel my grip on my axe tighten the dark thoughts of my mind now pounding on my head viscously. 

I clench my sharpened teeth together, regretting ever chasing after the hooded man in front of me, I should've been there  I bury myself into the thought, my left hand digging claws into my palms. The thick blood drips down my hand as I think more, the blood thirst rising, "who." I growl at the young male in front of me, the singular word stark against the peaceful morning. 

Dream grins as we arrive at the cottage, avoiding my question he presses a singular hand against the door, my breath hitches as I gaze at the once cozy cottage. I wince stepping into the building further, the grip on my axe turning my knuckles white with pressure as I peer at the disrupted room in front of me. I step over discarded pillows and the knocked over stool to the center of the room, I drop to a knee examining the blood seeping into the oak. I cringe, heavy with guilt as the other male comes behind me, I growl grabbing him by the neck suddenly. I push him against the wall, using my height advantage.

 I lift him off the ground, "who" I repeat pressing a claw against his neck. The digit cuts the scarred skin and blood trails down his neck as he swallows, "I can tell you if you put me down" he growls in return, his voice laced with annoyance. I press my finger further before halting to drop him, my hand returning to my axe hilt. 

He clears his throat, "A guy named jschlatt, thats who took your beloved" he announces nonchalantly. I pound towards the door, "but you can't kill him".

 I stop at his words my voice dripping with anger, "why not" I growl to him, opening the door.

He laughs, the sound echoing hollow around the room, "because he's fucking president".

I turn to Dream ready to murder him, "but I want her back just as much as you do" he adds confidently. He holds out his wrapped hand a grin twisting its way onto his face, "we can kill him together" he states, the sentence sounding like an announcement rather than a proposition. I growl but walk back to him, my free hand still resting on the hilt of my weapon as the other takes his outstretched hand, "only because it's mutually beneficial, as soon as that stops, I'm breaking this deal" I growl, the syllables rough in the empty home. 

||Yn's POV||

I groan a shiver gripping my spine as my senses come back to me, my eyes flutter open and I immediately cringe, my swollen eyes fighting against me, I manage to open one and scan my surroundings, dazed. I sit in a darkened room, the only source of light coming from a flickering lantern, as my eyes adjust I gaze across the room, seeing stone bricks on all walls. I cough trying to lean forwards but my movement is restricted by chains that grip against my skin, wincing against them I shake my head failing in clearing the pounding that surrounds my hazy thoughts. I cough more, my weakened brain finally noticing the gag in my mouth, I choke around it, a suffocating feeling rise as I force myself to breathe. A figure clears their throat and my head darts upwards to the origin of the rough noise, a man stands in the corner of the room a sick grin plastered on his mouth. I run my eyes down him in confusion, my concussed head trying to process my situation. My gaze returns to the male and he nods in greeting. "n/n how nice of you to join me" he soothes walking forwards, his grin glinting in the lantern light as he steps forward. I clench my teeth my thoughts racing as to who this was, "oh I'm so sorry, I'm jschlatt" he adds with mock politeness, adjusting a cuff on his high quality blazer. I growl through the cloth forced into my jaw, as he comes forwards more, standing only a few inches from me. I strain against my chains trying to kick him or harm him in some way, but he only laughs, "I never knew you were so feisty, you're always so calm around Techno" he adds casually. I halt in my attempts, my instincts coming back as I cover the emotions in my eyes, the same dullness overriding the violent gleam as I fix my mental walls. He chuckles again before reaching out to pull down my gag, I pant for a second before swallowing, "what do you want" I growl, the coarseness of my voice only adding to my emotions. The half ram walks away from my chair doing a small turn towards an iron door, he smiles, "you'll know soon enough" he answers with a wink before exiting the room. I lean back in my chair, ignoring the metal digging into my back as tears well in my eyes, I blink them back the logical thoughts overcoming my urge to cry. I examine my room a new determination in my damaged head, I'll escape  I think to myself with a grin. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1349 words

~ please comment, and vote. don't be a silent reader~

procrastination strikes again sorry for the horrible upload schedule and what do you want to happen with the other book, meant to be yours? like vibes? thoughts? also I always want criticism and suggests so pog? I made a playlist for both books, its what I listen to when writing them and they also go with the books so i'll put them in the comments. Enjoy!

again no promise on a consistent upload schedule but the commenting and reading inspires me to keep writing so interact with this story if you like it!

I can't believe we're almost at 5k!! and thanks for all the voting and following y'all, remember don't be silent and if you like the chapter remember to vote, comment and follow me <333 love y'all and have a good day. Go get water or food if u haven't yet, it's important. Love y'all!!

- Finn <3