I rubbed it in so deep, salt in the wound like you're laughing right at me

"Eris!" Isabella hissed
"What in the-
"What are you doing?" Isabella asked
"Nothing."
"You were with that girl." She said narrowing her eyes
"And?"
"And, Eris, don't do this, don't stoop so low."
"You never cared before, so why now?"
"I cared, but I didn't think it was my place to say."
"And why do you now?"
"Because Lilliana entered the picture?" Eris asked
"Yes, because she entered the picture, because you're better than that."
"Don't you sound like my father, I'll love whoever I want."
"Is that love?" She asked placing her hands on her hips
"Why are you confronting me?" Eris asked
"She's my friend, Eris."
"Is she? You don't know her, you barely spend time with her, I think the stable boy would be more of friends with her." Eris said
"No, I know her." She said
"Well tell me one thing about her that she herself has told you."
"She said-She.."
"You don't know anything Isabella. Then are you her friend?" Eris asked
"No." She whispered before leaving Eris alone.
It had been two days since he had seen Felix and Lilliana together in that yard. The wedding was tomorrow. At this point he didn't care. He has taken out his frustration by distraction. And that was it.
Maybe he could reject tomorrow, he could say no. Even if his father killed him for it or he could go to his father and tell him, everything because he was Eris Vanserra, his father's dog.
So he could go, tell on Felix and Lilliana and himself, risk his father's wrath and put an end to this sad betrothal. Or he could stay quiet, marry Lilliana but see her sneak into his brother's room.
Option two would be better.
He hadn't seen his mother, but that was her, she barely made herself visible.
But he had some things to discuss, with Lilliana. And he had no idea to where she was. Or maybe he did. Barging In Lilliana's room wasn't part of his daily routine but occasionally he thought fit of it. So he did and the sight wasn't pleasing.
Did the two just kiss the whole while or was it coincidental that his presence made that occur.
"Stop smooching, I need to talk to you." He told Lilliana who pulled away and wiped her lips. Felix winked at her before winnowing our.
"What is it?" She said getting up form her bed
"About the wedding."
"Go on."
"Is your brother going to be there?"
"Of course he will be, his mate too."
"Good."
"You're not going to ask me?"
"What? Ask you what?"
"Why I am with-
"My brother? Well I don't deem it my business and honestly I'm not going to care if you bed him now."
"With Morrigan you did."
"I did? I just left her be."
"You left her be in the forest with a note nailed to her stomach."
"Which was not my doing, if she hated me so much, she should be free, shouldn't she?"
"Then why accept the proposal."
"I didn't, my father did, and I regret it."
"And-
"Neither did I accept the proposal this time, I knew you, I have seen you before but I had no interest. I don't want attachments Lilliana."
"Then why kiss me, why tell me I am beautiful? Why flirt with me? Why try to woo me? Why convince me you're good." Lilliana said
"A rouse, for fucks sake, this is diplomatic. I don't care, whether you want to leave or not." Eris said
"A rouse?"
"Yes Lilliana, a rouse to please my father and mother."
"Well then you're a bastard, Eris."
"I know." He said
"And you barely care?"
"Yes, I've learnt not to care, and tomorrow for gods sake make the choice you want."
"And that should be?"
"Whatever you want."
"Be it a no?"
"Yes."
"Fine."
Eris turned to leave when Lilliana spoke up
"I thought you were worth it Eris." Lilliana said
Eris winnowed away.
He didn't want to say all that, he didn't want to . But his thoughts were eating him so he had to do something. And he spoke.
And the sun was setting. It was going to be dark in an hour.
He knew what he had to do.
So he planned it out. Arranged everything  and wrote a letter to someone he had no intentions on seeing. Someone he didn't like.
After the letter was written he dispatched it. Hoped it would reach the Male. And safely.
Dinner was in an hour. His mother would be there and she'd be unhappy with him. But getting her out would be worth it.
I thought you were worth it Eris.
He closed his eyes.
He was not worth it, he was far from worth it.
He was one killing away from psychopath.
Worth it, he scoffed
He was worth death and ruination.
"You've gotten dramatic brother." A voice drawled
"Sirius."
"I got the note."
"Great, the letter is on its way."
"You really want this- want to get her out."
"Yes."
"Well listen."
Sirius after describing the multiple scenarios they could be in. And the major exist and gates left. The plan was sound and on. He didn't know if the letter had reached.
Eris then left his room, and carried himself to the dining hall. The table was set, and his father was present, his mother too. Though she looked weak. Sirius and Felix sat as well. Zane and Lilliana also were sitting. He took his place next to his mother.
Dinner began, as his brothers gobbled down food and his father sprouted court reports and listened to them from Zane.
"Eris."
"Yes father."
"Your paperwork?"
"It's incomplete but I'll look to it."
"Incompetent." Beron muttered under his breath
Then turned to Felix who babbled his reports and Sirius who too gave his reports of the day.
"Well you're to be wedded tomorrow." Beron said looking at Lilliana
"Yes."
"Yes your Grace.
"No need to call me your grace." Lilliana said a small smirk on her face
Beron glared at her and left humiliated
And Eris couldn't be prouder.
He turned to his mother. She smiled softly at him. He grinned back.
"Now go, complete the missing paperwork, I'll get you some tea." Rhea softly told him.
He nodded before vanishing
Rhea then smiled at Lilliana who stared at the place Eris was just sitting at.
She to the girl to follow her. Rhea took her to the dressing rooms. Her wedding dress hung there with her slippers and other necessities, but a jacket, trousers and boots were there as well.
Her dress was white as traditions spoke. But the bodice was somewhat attractive. It had splashes of orange, red, brown and yellow. Mixed and blended, making it look better. Then it had embroidery on the sleeves. Good embroidery. The skirts were puffy. The flowed and were thick, having many layers was definitely not her favorite but it worked.
The skirts had embroidery in the middle with gold. Her silk slippers were soft and orange.
The jacket was orange, it had gold embroidery on it, the lapels were mixed with orange and sunset red. The pants or rather trousers were brown and then the brown boots with golden embroidery to the side.
"Your clothes are slightly matching." Rhea said
"Oh it's wonderful."
Rhea nodded
"I just wanted you to know." Rhea said.
"I'll wake you early, we need to do a lot."
Lilliana nodded
"Now, go sleep , I'll see you in the morning." Rhea said and left.
Lilliana too left for her rooms