Chapter 21: The UnEXpected visitor

TW/CW: Mention of verbal abuse/a verbally abusive relationship.

"Nico, did you get my email about the project with the British Museum?" Anna asked, leaning back in her chair to look over at Nico who was seated behind his desk. He looked over at her and nodded, still chewing on a bite of his apple.
"I saw it, I'm going to read through it in a bit, love," he answered. She nodded and turned back to her computer screen. Now that it had been a month since the explosion, Anna was back to work. Not full-time, but two and a half days a week. It was good to be back and to help work on new plans for the museum.
Her therapist was helping her through it as well as her incredibly supportive co-workers and of course, George. It was tiring, processing what happened and getting back to work at the place where it happened, but she was pulling through.
The phone on her desk rang and she picked it up, holding it between her ear and shoulder so that her hands were free to type. "Hello?" she said.
"Hi, Anna, it's Bruce," Bruce, from the front desk, spoke. "Erm, sorry to bother you, but there's someone here to see you." She glanced over at the clock. Five minutes to twelve. She got off at twelve, like every other Tuesday, and George would pick her up to grab lunch together.
"Oh, yeah. Could you tell George that I'm going to be there in a bit? I want to finish one last thing," she explained and sped up her typing, but stopped only seconds later.
"It's not George, I'm afraid. He says his name is Noah?" She grabbed the phone in her hand and sat up a little straighter. Not a single word came out though there were plenty of thoughts on her mind. "Do you need me to ask him to leave?"
"No, Bruce, it's okay, thanks," she said quickly, finally speaking up again. "Just erm, just tell him that I'll be there in a jiffy." She hung up the phone and looked at her screen for a moment. What in the world was he doing there?
"Everything alright, love? Can you spare five more minutes before going to your lover?" Nico teased her. She inhaled sharply and then turned around to him, not a single spark of joy on her face. His grin fell immediately and he stood up. "Who's here?" his usually cheery voice sounded much darker now.
"Nico, it's alright-" she tried but he marched over to her with a stern look. "It's Noah, but I can handle it. I can handle him, trust me." He sighed deeply and shook his head.
"I'm walking you over there," he stated.
"I know you are. Because you always walk me towards the exit, Nico. Today it's going to be just like that. Now if you could please let me finish this email," she said and pushed him back gently. He put on his hat as she finished the last part of the email before sending it. She was not in a hurry to pack her bag.
A little over a year ago he had left her a note that said that he was leaving her for Beth, who he had been cheating with and who was a friend of hers as well. Ever since they had not spoken nor seen each other. She had called many times, texted even more, but he had never answered. His flatmates told her that he had moved out a day before. Anna had tried to reach out many times but eventually, Alisa told her to stop and she did.
"Ready love?" Nico asked her, noticing how nervous she had gotten. She nodded, put on a fake smile and then followed him out of the office. As they walked through the museum towards the front desk she only grew more and more nervous.
She had always thought that Noah was her one and only, her soulmate, the one she would marry. Then she discovered that he was actually a selfish, narcissistic twat, not Prince Charming.
What was she going to say to him? Why was he visiting her at work? How did he know where she worked? Okay, that was not too difficult to figure out. Why now? Was he still with Beth? Did he want to rub in her face that they were getting married and have eight kids and live on the beach in Brighton until they grew old together and- George.
George was going to be picking her up right now. He was at the museum right now. Her current boyfriend was picking her up while her ex-boyfriend was - well for whatever reason he was there - at the same place. Usually, George would wait outside for her but as it was raining today - yay, Britain - he was probably inside.
"Shit," she muttered and sped up her pace. Nico looked at her in confusion but followed her lead. "George is here too. And Noah is here too. I don't care about that in principle but erm, it's just a bit weird, isn't it? I mean, it was quite uncomfortable having Lee around when George and I were at his parents' place. For me at least. At first."
"Okay, so you get rid of Noah and I tell George what's going on. Or I get rid of Noah, make sure he never shows his face in London again, and you go have lunch with Georgie boy," Nico suggested. She cracked a smile but shook her head.
"We'll see," she said casually. They finally worked their way to the entrance hall and her eyes instantly fell onto George, who smiled broadly when he saw them and waved happily. Her heart skipped a beat, completely forgetting about Noah for a split second.
"Okay, Nico, I'm just going to tell George and then see where Noah is," she said quickly. He followed her, there was no way he was going to miss out on this.
"Hi love," George said and pressed a kiss on her cheek. "Hello, Nico, nice to see you again." They shook hands and she couldn't help but think how cute it was. "Ready to go?" he asked her but she shook her head.
"Erm, almost. I just have to handle one thing," she said and scratched the back of her neck.
"One person," Nico said, putting his hands in his pockets. George tilted his head slightly and raised one eyebrow.
"Yeah so Noah is here," she told him. His expression immediately changed from confusion to suspicion and a slight bit of annoyance perhaps. He knew that he cheated, but she had yet to tell him the whole story.
"Noah, as in your ex Noah?" he questioned.
"Yes, I'm just going to tell him to leave and then we can grab lunch, alright?" she suggested.
"Of course, love," he said, but neither George nor Nico stayed behind as she made her way over to a tall guy, though shorter than George, with blond curly hair and a navy blue suit who was reading pamphlets at the front desk.

Trust Me // George WeasleyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara