┊xiao

you'd been wondering around the streets of liyue for an hour now, bored out of your mind. xiao had left to god knows where and he hadn't returned in weeks. sometimes you wished he could maybe give you a heads up when he was going to leave, but he never did. he'd probably get annoyed if you asked him to anyway.

the skies were grey, pathetic fallacy at its finest. it was evening around 6pm. it would get dark soon, better off heading home. truth is you hated going home without knowing he would be there waiting for you. he never admitted it out loud, but he always left treats in the kitchen for when you got home but every time you asked him about it he denied.

in honesty he never admitted actually liking it when you were around. always scowling and in a bad mood. you'd accepted that's just how he was but, could he actually hate you like that? has he all this time and you've just shrugged it off? you were starting to get insecure, fears of him hating your guts were all you could think of.

you passed "scent of the springs" a heavily known perfume shop. as you reached to pull your hood over your head you heard ying'er call out "HEY, COME OVER HERE" you sighed, not wanting to make idle chat with her right now. you didn't have the energy to entertain her nonsense.

you walked on by, your hood now up back slightly slouched over. your posture never was great, wasn't gonna change now. "HEY! I SAID COME OVER?? YOU BRAT WHAT THE HELL??" did she really just? what's her problem. unable to contain your anger you turnt around just a few steps away from the shops entrance.

"what the fuck is your problem? i'm not having this today." it was kind of rude, but you couldn't stand her attitude today. "what? how dare you speak to ME of all people like that." you rolled your eyes, walking away once more. "WHAT THE HELL? COME BACK" she shouted and roared, but you kept walking

you cursed her out as you walked. what was everyones deal today? it wasn't the best anyway. the walk home was greeted with heavy rain, hence the grey clouds above. it pattered on the pavement as you walked, your shoes now sodden with rain. way to make you feel better. it would be around an 8 or so minute walk before you could get home, which in this rain was difficult.

taking a break you found a nearby shop, standing underneath the little overhead covering at the entrance. you were there around 3 minutes, fixing yourself a bit but mainly taking a break. you were in the middle of desperately trying to dry your hair, when all of a sudden you heard the shop owner, "what the hell are you doing there? come in or go out that's the rules. don't just stand there" he yelled, his face going upmost beet red. you were about to giggle at it but held back instead apologising and leaving.

the rain was heavy on your back, is this hailstones? might've been to be honest. finally, after trekking through the storm you were home. opening the door, your shoes squelched as you stepped in. it ruined the tiles but you'd clean it later if u had to.

slipping them off, you sighed at the thought of relaxation on the couch at last. walking down the hall you swore you heard humming. it alarmed you, immediately grabbing a metal pole form beside the radiator. you didn't have another weapon at hand, better than a banana. was it a robber?

you had locked the door but even so, security around here wasn't that good. shaking it off you started to look around for the potential robbers position. you were tense, this had never happened before.

the humming was between low and high, but sweet. the voice was soothing, but you had to remember your situation right now. slowly walking across the kitchen, you heard floorboards creak from above. they were in the spare room.

scheming up the stairs, the humming growing louder as you went. your back now against the wall, edging towards the door of the spare room. it was opened wide, perfect.