Part 22

Once Honami left to compete I looked over at the boys who were mostly done but I saw that there were about 2 left.

The girls had finished but Nanase hadn't come out yet.

I was sure she'd use the school's regulation swimsuit, but she chose ones like Tsubaki and Hiyori which were bold and daring.

I approached her.

"Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

She looked over at me curiously, in the midst of doing warm-up exercises in a blue-green bikini.

"I see that you chose a rather cute swimsuit. Is there a reason for that?"

If she wanted to keep things simple, then a standard school swimsuit would've probably been more than enough.

"A reason? From what I've seen of Beach Flags on TV, girls usually compete wearing swimsuits like this, right? I thought it'd be strange if I took part in a school swimsuit. Have I misunderstood something?"

"No, not at all. I think this suits you more."

I looked at her from head to toe.

She had a nice figure, I can't deny that.

"Ummm... is there something you want from me?"

She held her hands near her chest seemingly embarrassed, this made her look even cuter.

I'm not sure if it was my imagination but I was sure I could see smoke coming out of her head.

"Nevermind that, I believe it's time for you to compete."

She nodded several times and headed towards the girls.

I couldn't stay looking at the girls for too long so I decided to leave and watch the boy's side of things.

I believe the outcome of the girls was already decided.

Honami would be around 4th or 5th place.

Meanwhile, Hiyori would be a bit behind her.

They had intelligence but they lacked strength.

I walked there and saw Nagumo from a distance, it looks like he'll be competing against Kiriyama.

I tried to avoid him as much as possible since I had a feeling that he hated me for some reason.

I believe it has something to do with Nazuna and Honami.

But I believe he's nothing to worry about.

I'll let him play his role for a while longer.

The one I'm worried about is Koenji, he's a dangerous foe.

I might have to take action against him if things get messy.

The score for the top 10 groups would be available in 4 days which would let me know how much progress we've made.

I watched as the boys raced each other but the only one I paid attention to was Nagumo's match.

He had won without even breaking a sweat.

He was good but not good enough.

Once I got bored of Nagumo winning every match, even against Kiriyama he had the advantage.

I set off to see the results for the girls.

The results had come out just like I expected them.

Nanase had taken 1st place while Tsubaki took 2nd.