𖠌 Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

Doyoung huffed at the mention of the bitch's name, "she's at the police station right now. Jaehyun's taking care of it." He said.

"What... Why– how did it exactly happen?" The pink haired man asks, "I was in the kitchen and just heard Talia screaming."

Doyoung chewed the inside of his cheek, "I was cleaning the floor, I called Talia to help me." He starts off.

"Then I heard Heejin's annoying heals clicking on the floor loudly, I ignored it as best as I could because she was leaving anyways."

"Then, a few minutes later, I was wondering why she was taking so long upstairs. I was like 'is this bitch Barbie? How many shit does she have?'"

Clicking his tongue, he continued. "Then, I heard Jeno's door shut closed." He slowed down his talking, as if he was sharing a dark secret.

"I looked up and saw him slowly walking down the steps, he even smiled at us." He scoffed lightly, more on forced than anything.

"I was about to offer him some help, seeing he was struggling to walk down and just holding onto the railings tightly with one hand while the other was on his stomach."

Tears began to well up his eyes, his breathing shaky. "I saw Heejin behind him, I was too late to do anything before she pushed him down the stairs." He looked away.

He turns back to meet Jaemin's sad eyes, "I'm so sorry." He croaks, "it's all my fault– if I was just fast enough and actually did something, I could've–"

"Hey, it's alright, yeah?" Jaemin stops him from blaming himself over something he wasn't at fault of.

He drapes an arm around Doyoung's shoulders, rubbing them gently, "it's alright, you didn't do anything wrong. You didn't push him, she did."

"But I could've–"

"Hey, oh, wrong timing." Mark awkwardly chuckles, holding Natalia's hand who was more down than what Jaemin had ever seen.

Her shoulders were slumped, her once neat ponytail made by none other than Jeno himself, was messy and off-centered, her nose was red and her cheeks were stained with dry tears.

She looks up and separates herself from Mark's grip, rushing over to her father and sniffles. "Daddy," her voice cracking up from all the screaming and crying she did.

Jaemin hugs her back tightly, pecking her crown reassuringly. "Pumpkin, it's okay... Calm down, yeah?" He said.

He's at the verge of crying too, but as a purebred alpha and role model of his daughter, he decided to take it upon himself and be the bigger person.

He can't have everyone crying, who would calm them down? There needs to be a leader and a glue who holds them together.

Usually he's the leader. And the glue is Jeno.

But for now, it's just him on both parts.

"Here for future Mr. Na?" A doctor walks up to them.

They all turn towards Doyoung who shrugged, "was I lying?" He rolled his eyes as he ushered them to stand up.

"How is he?" Jaemin asks first, following the doctor who was assigned for Jeno's stay and handing Natalia to Mark.

Both men nodded at each other as Mark leads Natalia to a different route, either back to the cafeteria or the hospital garden. Just not somewhere that could overwhelm her even more than what she had seen.

The three who were left, stopped at a door, the name 'Na Jeno' written on the small notice tags on the door. The foreign yet catchy name made Jaemin's lips twitch.

But he stopped himself, knowing he shouldn't have his hopes up as this was very serious and things won't go the way it should be.

The doctor sighed, holding his clipboard tightly. "Jeno was in a critical condition..." He starts off.

"But he's okay, right?" The beta intervened.

Jaemin glances at him before letting the doctor continue, "we did everything we could to help." He pursed his lips.

From the way he hesitated and looks at Jaemin longingly, the purebred alpha knew this is where he should brace himself.

The doctor felt the same, this is one of the things he hates about his job. Telling the results or news. And when it's taken badly, he's the one who's in the blame.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Na." He chewed on his lower lip, meeting Jaemin's gaze and gulped. "We did everything we could do."

"What... What happened?"

"Jeno had a miscarriage. You both lost your baby boy."