01

ginny was taking her books out of a her brown box labeled "ginny's library." she was tired of moving to a new town which felt like a yearly ritual. never being able to create long lasting friends or being able to settle down.

ginny finished unpacking and headed downstairs to grab something to eat really quick. her mother, georgia, attempted to initiate conversation but ginny was not having it. to avoid her mother ginny escaped quickly outside her front door, grabbing her skateboard on her way out. that's when she locked eyes with a tall guy, brown messy hair, and a huge smile that could bright up the entire room. ginny stopped in her tracks, speechless.

but she quickly fixed herself and pretended like she didn't see anything. the brown haired boy did not notice ginny or her incessant stares. she began to skateboard and the loud sound of the wheels slamming against the ground caught brown hair boy's attention at once. he looked up, his hair falling into his eyes and with a small grin on his face. ginny quickly glanced over at him and lost her focus on where her board was going. she slammed into a curb and went flying, face first into the concrete. as she was falling she had an instant flashback.

crying, all ginny could hear were loud cries as her mother, georgia screamed for help. ginny remembers feeling herself being pulled away further and further from her mother. she remembers fighting, kicking, and crying out.

when ginny regained consciousness, she realized that the brown haired boy was kneeling over her with his face 2 inches from hers. she could feel the heat from his body and see the worry in his eyes. as she opened her eyes, a smile began to wash away the worry that was on his face.

"are you ok?" he asked in an Australian accent.

"yes I'm good thanks." ginny replied.

she quickly brushed the dust off of her clothes and skin and began to quickly walk away.

"wait I didn't get your name. my name is marcus by the way." he yelled.

ginny didn't acknowledge marcus or his question. she just kept looking straight ahead mortified beyond belief.

"marcus" she muttered to herself. 

ginny then ran up to her room past georgia who was laughing to herself while sitting by the window. she had seen the entire interaction.

"i hate you!" ginny yelled. seconds later her door made a loud slam as she jumped on her bed to mope. she blasted her playlist which was a mixture of Billie Eilish, Olivia Rodrigo, SZA, and much more.

she looked out her window once more and instead of seeing marcus, she saw a police officer walking up to the door of marcus' home. ginny was intrigued and decided to watch more.