we dont have a chance | dystopian love AU tom holland

Start from the beginning

"highly unlikely. there's over 3,000 guys and girls it's a bad chance."

"it's still a chance. c'mon let's go out, love. it'll make you feel better." his voice, so convincing. you nodded and agreed to meet him in 10 minutes in the alley behind your houses.

you got ready hastily not wanting to waste a minute of both of your time together. you swiftly grabbed the bracelet on your nightstand and ran downstairs.

you stood in the doorway of the kitchen, waiting for your parents to notice you all ready to leave. "can i please go on a walk? i think some fresh air would help me come to terms with tomorrow.." you said, appealing to their interest.

they looked at each other and thought no harm in it, they nodded their heads and said have a good time. you left quickly and ran through your backyard to meet him in the alley.

you were there first, nothing unusual. tom has a hard time convincing his parents of anything, but you waited patiently. soon enough, you saw him walking into the light of the street lamps.

you jogged towards him and gave him an intimate hug. "where are we gonna go? we're gonna get caught if we just keep running around."

"jeez, would you trust me?" he joked and grabbed your hand tight while dragging you down the road. you both kept walking for about 10 minutes before stopping at an abandoned house at the end of the street.

"romantic," you spoke sarcastically. he led you to the back of the house where he laid out a blanket for the both of you. tom laid down and you joined him. you held his hand tightly, and cuddled up next to him.

you started to think about how you'd have to leave him tomorrow, and never speak to him again. once you start your life with your assigned partner, you cannot speak to anyone from your 'past life' including your parents.

it's insane that they deemed that the best way of life. he looked down at you and took note of your eyes starting to well up.

"hey, no, no! none of that, we might be together." he hoped, cupping your face in his hands.

"tom, just stop. we're not getting paired together. there's too many people," you paused. "we're gonna have to say goodbye."

he sighed, "y/n... please. can we just forget about it for the rest of the night? talk baby names and what house we wanna live in on the east side," he cooed.

you set aside any and all beliefs of not being together; you let him tell you stories about how your kids would be funny and sporty. it hurt so much to hear him boast about how happy a life he would have with you, knowing deep down it won't happen.

when you both agreed it was time to walk back to your houses the mood was somber. you both knew what tomorrow brought, and you didn't know if you could handle it.

you walked slowly holding his hand the entire way. when you finally reached your house he turned to you and took you into his arms.

"let's run," he said quickly.

"wha- i'm sorry, what?"

"let's just leave. it can't be like this everywhere, we can live happily somewhere else. no stupid assigned partners bullshit." he said desperately.

imagines ; tom holland & peter parkerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara