"Me"

What is it about me? The faint voice I can hear in my head. There are so many qualities that make me, but you chose to focus on that one mistake. It was one mistake. That doesn't get to define me as a person. Right? I have hazel eyes with a sunflower design, a dimple on my right cheek, acne scars that I got over the years, or my dirty blonde short hair. Shouldn't my appearance define me not a single mistake? Or what about my athletic abilities. Why can't you see that instead of a horrible decision I made? The way my laugh has a loud chuckle to it. The way I say oops when I dropped something. The way I make notes for the book I read. The way I cry when my favorite character gets killed off in a movie or book. The way I care for my family. The way I get excited when I accomplish something or so many other things I do. Why couldn't you see that? My personality what makes me. Right? I can be mean when I want to but do you even give me a chance to explain. The reason why I am mean is that I don't want to get hurt. I have so many walls built up that it is impossible to break down. You can't even get me to open up, but what happens when I do. "When my cages" around my heart break down, I'm a complete butterfly. Why a butterfly? Well to me a butterfly is beautiful. Within and out. It can be fragile. It is delicate. But when you encounter a "butterfly" you want to help it. I need help. I need to rely on someone. So why? Why do you hurt me and still can't see past the mistake I made. I finally opened up to you, but you do this. It was one mistake. Why can't you see me for me? I know I'm not exactly the best person, but I gave my heart to you. Shouldn't that count for something? This is me. This is who I am. But you choose not to see me. I guess that's okay. Because truly. I don't even know myself.

A/N

Here is another one

Do we truly know who we are?