chapter forty-six

It was dark and cold.

The last thing you remembered was seeing Levi's horrified face as you got swallowed while by a Titan.

You looked over your body, making sure you still had every limb, sighing in relief when you realised that you were okay.

There was the faint sound of ODM Gear in the distance, the sound muffled by the thick Titan flesh. You sighed in relief when you realised that Levi was still alive.

But he thought you were dead.

Your eyes widened and you looked around, trying to find your swords. They were a few feet away from you. Stumbling slightly, you crawled over to them, gripping them in your hands tightly.

You didn't even bother to see where you were cutting. You just had to get out of here. You had to get back to Levi.

With a shout you ran and cut through the flesh of the Titan's stomach, sending a glare towards it's ugly face as soon as the sun hit your eyes. Blood splattered everywhere, but you didn't care. Levi was your number one priority right now. You had to find out where he was.

The Titan reached for you again, but you were ready this time. You sliced off a few of its fingers and watched as its face twisted in pain. Without wasting a single second, you hooked into the Titan's wrist and started running up its arm, all the way up to its shoulder. Once the nape was in your sight, you let out a cry of anger, frustration and relief as you cut the nape.

You secured your hooks into its head as it fell face first. The impact caused your whole body to stumble, just a tiny bit, but you quickly regained composure. You still needed to find Levi.

Looking around for more Titans, you saw that there weren't anymore. Thankfully.

But, Levi... You couldn't find him anywhere.

At first, you thought that he retreated back to the wall, but you knew that he wouldn't just leave this Titan roaming around especially with you inside it.

A small sob came from behind you. It was so quiet that you almost didn't hear it. But when you turned around... you were met with a sight that completely broke your heart.

Levi was on the ground, tears streaming down his face and blood all over his body. Whether it was his or not, you didn't want to know. He was looking straight at you, a quiet gasp coming from his lips.

"Y/N..." he breathed, his eyes wide. If you looked closer you could see that his eyes were glassy, the tears threatening to fall.

There was silence. None of you did anything but stare at each other. There was a tug in your chest, but the look on Levi's face shocked you so much that you couldn't move.

But you didn't have to. Levi shot up from the ground and ran at you, wrapping his arms around you as soon as he got the chance.

He smashed his lips against yours, making you stumble back slightly, but his arms secured you, helping you stay up.

Your lips moved in sync. Levi was desperate to feel your touch. He wanted to make sure you were here. Actually here. When you got eaten by the Titan, he dropped to the ground. He couldn't believe that you sacrificed your life for him. In his eyes all the moments flew past him in a blur. When you first met. When you kissed for the first time. Every laugh. Every smile. Every touch. He thought of it all. Just as he was about to get his revenge, though, he heard your shout as you sliced through the Titan from the inside.

Now you were back in his arms.

He pulled away from your lips and peppered kisses all over your face. Once he was done, he tightened his arms around you and he rested his forehead against yours.