.07

Before Kuina could even come back, Sora was gone and up to her room. Chishiya made no move to stop her, making it clear there was no "business" to attend to. It annoyed her the way he made her friend leave without a reason.

But Chishiya truly didn't have a reason for him wanting him to go away. The main part of his brain said it was to keep her from spilling about the plan to a Militant. But the little tiny part in the back of his brain told him he didn't like the way the two looked at each other. And his stomach twisted at the nicknames. But Chishiya shoved those feelings down and acted like he didn't care, as he always did.

Although he did receive a heavy scolding from Kuina from his actions.

Later on that night, around 3am, Sora sat up on the roof. She was slightly tired of being in her room and definitely did not want to be around the people celebrating another game night. So she resorted to sitting on the roof, staring down at the dancing people.

"Nice view?" She could of sighed at his voice.

"I have a raging headache and if you want to be here please be quiet." The girl did not have the energy to argue or fight, so she decided to be a little polite.

"Fine." Sora let out a hum, not exactly expecting him to agree.

Staring down, she only managed to see out of the corner of her eye Chishiya sitting down next to her. So close, she could feel his body heat.

"Do you mind?" She looked at him.

"Not at all." He smirked at her a little bit before turning towards the crowd. Due to the small chill, Sora let him remain and looked back down.

It was 20 minutes of pure silence, only the sounds of their breaths and the partying below disturbing it. Occasionally, one would glance at the other, but look away before they were caught. It was like a little game to them. Chishiya's presence was actually nice when he wasn't talking, plus he was like a build in space heater.

"You should not talk more often." She commented, smiling teasingly. "Maybe I'll actually start to like you."

"Hmm, Duly noted." he chuckled, glancing at her before falling into silence again. If all it took was silence to get her to like him, he could do that. "As your doctor I do have to ask, how's your head?"

"Sore to the touch but other than that it's fine." Sora shrugged, not minding simple conversation like this.

"Been cleaning it?" Sora nodded. "Good, don't want it to get infected. Not much you can do about soreness other than avoid touching it, which you should do anyway." Sora gave a hum to show she was listening. His words died off for a few minutes.

"What made you want to be a doctor?" She glanced at him. "No offense but you don't seem the type to care about others."

Silence for a whole minute, then, "My parents I suppose. My father is this big time surgeon and my mother is a doctor. Guess that kind of pressures me into going into the medical field."

There was another few moments of silence as Sora took this in.

"Strangely enough I can see you being a teacher." The male paused, looking confused. "Don't ask me how but just... yeah I can see it. Standing up in front of children and teaching."

"I hate children."

"Okay older kids, college professor even."

"Now if I was to be a teacher it would be a college professor because I hate children." The two laughed, picturing the male as a teacher. It felt nice, a moment in which they weren't arguing or flirting. "What about you? What made you be a programmer?"

Sora paused, contemplating her answer. "It was something I was good at that made a lot of money." She shrugged.

"You don't enjoy it?"

"I enjoy being the smartest person in the room. Programming at this place just gets tiring, it's like the same thing over and over again. The same keys are typed, the same outcome. Sometimes a challenge is needed." He nodded in agreement. "The main factor in it was the money. When I took the job it was at a time in which I needed a lot of money."

"Can I ask why?" He turned towards her for a few seconds, examining her face which held a faraway look. Sora froze for a moment or two, wondering exactly if she should answer. She could sit in silence for a while, not saying anything. This was a personal topic, but would Chishiya really go so low as to take advantage of her past?

"My mom...she got sick." Sora started, not understanding why she trusted him with this. "We needed money for her treatments so my entire family just kinda took the most paying jobs we could find." She almost regretted it the moment she said it. She wasn't much for sharing her personal life, let alone to someone she could barely stand.

"Is she..."

"She died, 8 months ago. We're still paying off her medical bills."

Silence enfolded the two. It wasn't awkward or sad, but comfortable. Sora softly smiled, not feeling judged or pitied for the first time in her life whenever she told someone about her mom.

"Do I get to ask a personal question now?" She glanced over. He scoffed, and paused a few seconds before nodding. "Why the hell would you dye your hair blonde?"

Laughter fell from his lips endlessly. He expected something along the lines of his family, not about his hair. It only made her laugh too.

"It was a phase."

"Yeah what phase? Justin Bieber phase? You flipping your blonde hair off to the side and smirking at girls?" He only continued to laugh as she made jokes out his hair. Her own giggles broke out too, and soon the two were just laughing together.

"It was a phase of a need of change. Unfortunately my mind thought that meant my hair." He glanced down at the blond strands falling in his face.

"Very stupid decision."

"Indeed."

"What was it before you dyed it?"

"Black, short. My mother used to cut it every few months, it grew fast."

"Is that why you're letting it grow out for now?"

"Yeah...i want the blonde out."

A few more seconds of silence before more giggles broke from the girl. Chishiya shot her a playful glare.

"I'm sorry...I'm trying so hard to see you with anything but the blonde but I can't." She continued to giggle.

"You mean to tell me you've never dyed your hair?"

"Freshman year of high school I put blonde highlights in but turned them right back to black after a week."

"That's not fair." He looked at her in disbelief.

"How is that not fair?!"

"Because you've seen me as a blonde!"

"I'm not dying my hair blonde."

"Yeah you are."

"Fuck off, absolutely not. I'm not going to kill my hair for your amusement."

"What you don't wanna match with me?"

"Oh god no. Knowing our luck people will assume we're siblings."

The night went on, soon 4,5,6am passed and neither seemed ready to go back inside. Sometimes they sat in silence, sometimes they talked about random things.

For once in both of their lives, they felt like they had a friend.