"Listen, you two can discuss theory as much as you want when we get back to the Institute. But right now, considering we just stole from the cops, I suggest we get home"

"Guys- I think the mundanes might be the least of our worries"

Davina glances at Isabelle's necklace which was pulsing red, a sign of demon presence.

"At least we know the demon necklace works"

"Never a dull day. Let's go"

The Shadowhunters start walking.

"Guys, slow down," Davina says, zipping up the zip on her shoe.

Davina bumps into an old lady and she drops her handbag.

"Oh, I am so sorry"

Davina crouches down to pick up the handbag that had fallen onto the floor. A demonic screech fills Davina's ears and she looks up to see tentacles with teeth coming out of the old lady's mouth. 

"Grandma," Jace says.

The demon turns at the sound of Jace's voice. The blonde swiftly stabs the creature which disintegrates before everyone's eyes.

"What the f-?"

"Language. Not in front of grandma"

"How did it find us?" Davina asks.

"I don't know but she brought friends"

Jace's eyes are locked on a policeman exiting a patrol vehicle. Davina focuses on him before she notices his glowing eyes. 

"How can you tell?"

"It's like seeing through a glamour. You just gotta pay attention to the details. They might be sensing Davina, demons can sense other beings with demon blood"

"But I can't see anything," Clary says.

"Clary, they're everywhere," Davina says, her eyes flitting from police officer to regular citizen all of them demons.

"Behind us,"

"I- I still can't see them"

More people with glowing eyes appear before them, making an advance on the small group. 

"Okay, there are too many people"

"I don't say this often," Alec begins. "But I agree with Clary. We gotta get outta here"

"Hey, this way!" Davina says.

Davina leads the Shadowhunters down a bunch of stairs and stops in front of a room for electrics.

"What's the Unlock rune again?" Clary asks.

Jace ignores Clary's question and raises his foot, slamming it against the door which opens with a loud bang.

"Open sesame. Go,"

They enter the small building and Alec stops, removing the glamour from his bow and arrows before turning to face the door. 

"Hey, what are you doing?" Jace asks.

"Holding them off. Take Clary and Davina back to the Institute"

"No, if you're staying, I'm staying. We fight together"

"Don't be stupid. If the demons get the Cup, we're dead anyways"

"I'm not leaving anyone behind"

"You don't have a choice"

"I know you guys are having a moment, okay? But we really have to go" Clary says.

"Don't worry. It's not like this is the first time Alec has saved your life. I doubt it'd be the last" Davina adds.

"Go"

Davina walks over to Alec, placing a kiss on his forehead as her eyes glow green once again. 

"Stay safe Alec," Davina says.

Alec looks at his body which now is exuding a green aura that filled him with a strength he had never felt before as the rest of their small group turn the corner and are gone from his sight.