I decided to continue reading the novel I'd been reading ever since first week,I hadnt time to complete it as academic activities were in full blast now but I decided to read it now as I felt too weak to try study anything.

         The sound of slow and unrythmic threading of feet had my gaze diverting from the conventional printed letters of the text to the person who was walking into the class,Daryl. Our gazes met and we looked away as he paused in his tracks before continuing to his seat.

         His seat was behind mine so I could neither see him or figure what he was up to as he was barely making a sound. I felt sorry for him,I really did but that didnt mean I'd forgotten my anger towards him either. I bit back the urge to turn back,forcing my concentration back to the book in my hands.

        The shuffling of his feet met my ears again and this time,I concluded he was struggling to stand up from his seat. Finally giving into my curiosity,I questioned coldly,trying my best not too sound too concerned "Does it hurt that much?"

         When I didn't get an answer,I looked back,finding his gaze resting on me. "Does it?" I questioned again. "I thought you didn't want to talk to me" he pointed out and I shrugged.

         "I don't,its just that your feet are making too much noise so I cant concentrate on my book" I explained nonchalantly. He raised a brow at me before giving a slight nod,even I didnt buy my explanation.

         "I see" he muttered under his breath. "Its not that painful,it just stings from time to time" he told me and I nodded. "Why were you playing so aggressively?" I found myself pouring out all the questions that had been reeling through my mind.

        He looked to me,emotions clouding his orbs as he did. "Never mind" I brushed off the topic,attempting to turn back to my book. "You were watching?" He inquired. "Let's just say I just happened to be watching" I replied.

        "I felt angry at myself" he replied before I could turn away,making me look back to him like I was urging him to continue.

         "For doing what?" I questioned. "For everything,everything I did. I havent been able to get it off my mind" he explained,coming to lean on the desk beside mine. "I'm sorry Kainene,I really am" he apologised.

        "What are you sorry for Daryl?" I queried,tilting my head so I could rest it on the knuckles of my hand whose elbow lay on my desk. He sighed,running his hands over his face.

         "You see,the annoying part is that you dont even know what you did. So you're just want me to stop being angry but you don't even know what action of yours you're sorry for" I told him,feeling needles prick my skin as I watched remorse grace his facial features even more.

         "Okay,please can you just tell me what exactly you're mad at me for? I know I was being petty about everything but..." I was quick to cut him off. "You know what...I don't even want to talk about this" I declared,turning back to my book completely this time.

        "Kainene,please...." he breathed,tiredness laced in his tone. "...please,can we just talk this over?" He pleaded but I was far from being shaken for feelings of pity. "But I don't want to talk about it" I told him,flipping to the next page of my book.

         "Kainene..." he called again. "Daryl,if you wont leave me to read my book in peace...." I started,taking to my feet. "...then I'll just leave the class for you" I told him,zipping my school bag and taking to my feet with my novel in hand.

          "Why are you reacting excessively over this?" He questioned,grasping my arms before I could walk past him. "So I'm over reacting right?" I questioned back with a dry laugh.