Chapter Forty Four: Zayn the Monster

Start from the beginning

      “Now I thought you got rid of your packs and lighter….” you said to make him feel a little guilty. You could tell that bothered him. “I did.” he said at first. “I did get rid of them, thinking that if I got rid of them, I wouldn’t have the time to get more, I’d be too busy. But I did anyways.” he said. You sighed. “When did you get them?” you questioned. “One day in the middle of the night. Everyone was sleeping. I walked to the shop in town, got myself a lighter and new packets.” he answered. You sighed. “Did you smoke that night?” you asked. He nodded. “I would be lying to you if I said I didn’t.” He was going behind your back for a while. “Is this the second time since then you’ve smoked?” you asked him. He nodded. “Yes. This is just the second time.” he said. Atleast he wasn’t going every night. This must’ve been weeks ago. “Where have you hid them?” you asked. “In my dressing table drawers. They were in the very bottom left side one, undertneath all my clothes.” he said. You were very sad. So was he. “Look at me.” you demmanded. He didn’t move. You took one hand and lifted his chin, forcing you two to make eye contact. “You gotta promise me you won’t do it again.” you said. “You’re hurting yourself.” you said. He nodded. “I promise.” he said. You stuck out your pinky for him to grab. He smiled and intwined his pinky with yours. “Pink promise.” he joked. You both smirked. You got up and stuck out your hand for him to grab. He grabbed it, pulling himself up off the ground and dusted himself off. “Come on.” you said while grabbing his hand and walking in a certain direction. You weren’t going home just yet. “Where are we going?” he asked you. You didn’t answer. You dragged him into a shop in town. You searched the shelves. Zayn just stood there, looking at you confused. “Ah!” you said while seeing what you were searching for. You grabbed his huge bag of lollipops for him. He started laughgin once he saw what you grabbed. You made your way over to the counter and placed in down. “Just these?” the woman at the cash register asked. You nodded and paid her. Zayn just stood beside you the whole time, smiling. “Thank you.” you said. You took the bag of lollipops, walked out the door and opened it. Zayn followed behind you. You got our a cherry lollipop and handed it to Zayn. He chuckled. “You’re cute.” he said. You have him a flirty smile and said “I know.” He laughed. He unwrapped the lollipop and stuck it in his mouth and put an arm around you. You made your way home together. You and Zayn entered the house.

     “Zayn!” Eleanor cheered. They all came running over to you smiling. Niall was still upstairs. “Oooohhh! Lollipops, give me one!” Louis said, trying to grab the lollipop bag from you. Zayn chucked with the ollipop still in his mouth. You pulled it away. “No Louis! These aren’t for you. They’re for Zayn.” you explained with a smile. He pouted. “Not fair!” he complained. You chuckled. You went through the bag and pulled out a watermelon one. “Yay!” he cheered. He took it from you and quickly pecked you on the cheek. You smirked. It was approching 9:00. “Guys, I’m gonna go to bed.” you told them. They nodded. They knew you were tired from all of this. You smiled at everyone, handed the lollipop bag to Zayn and made your way up the stairs to your room. You passed Niall’s room when your heart started beating very fast. You ignored it. You changed into your nightwear and washed up. You went into bed once you finished. You hopped into bed, pulled the covers over you and shut your eyes. A few seconds later a knock on the door. “Come in.” you said. Zayn walked in and smiled. You smiled back. “Hi love.” he said. You sat up and looked at him. “Hi babe.” you said. He sighed. “I told the others what happened and what I said and all.” he explained. You nodded. “Okay.” you said. He smiled. “I just wanted to thank you for all of this. I mean, I’m sorry that summer right now isn’t probably the best. But Niall being your boyfriend or not, I’ll make it very special.” he said. You knew he was still holding a grudge towards Niall. You knew he wouldn’t let it go for a while. You nodded. “Me being here is just incredible.” you said. That seemed to make him a little happy. “I’m glad.” he said. You smirked. Zayn put his head down and took a breath. You could tell he was thinking of something. “What?” you giggled. “Ummm, do you wanna stay with me tonight?” he asked. You smiled again. “Sure.” you said. He smiled. You got up off your bed, Zayn took your hand and lead you to his bedroom. You were still upset about the whole Niall thing but you were going to get over it eventually. Besides, you have everyone else in the house to help you both get through it. You climbed into Zayn’s bed and tucked yourself in. “I’ll be right back. I’m gonna go change.” he said as he grabbed some sleepwear and went into the bathroom. You nodded. While he was gone you checked your Twitter. No new tweets from anyone besides Niall. You sighed and read what it said “You can’t change the past…. But I sure wish I could :( …. Friends?” it read. Your heart sunk a little.

     You answered his indirectly. You sent a tweet out saying “We don’t have a choice now do we? We do see eachother everday am I right??” You waited for his answer. You refreshed his page. He must’ve been on his phone right now because his latest tweet read “I guess …. im sorry x” You didn’t send out any more tweets. Your little indirect messages with Niall made you shake. You didn’t mention eachother because the fans would be suspicious. Zayn came back in. He climbed in bed with you. “Hi.” he said. You smirked. “Hi.” you said. He moved closer towards you and put his arm aroud you. “Niall f****** Horan.” he groaned. You gave him a look. “Zayn.” you whispered. He looked at you with raised eyebrows. “It’s true though.” he defended. Yeah, it was going to take a while for him to get over this. “Go to sleep my little monster.” you teased him. He stuck his tounge at you. You at him. He smiled. “I love you babe.” he said. “I love you too.” you answered as you kissed his nose. He pulled you in closer towards him, not lettting you go. You and Zayn fell asleep together.