'I am stubborn?' He asked, looking at the lady.

'You are stubbornly in love with her, aren't you?'

'Momo, stop.' James said, smiling, 'You need to stop watching sitcoms. They're rotting your head.'

Before she could counter, Rae walked upto them, smiling and James told her to move out while he followed. Momo hugged the girl, 'When will I see you next, Momo?' Rae enquired.

'I think this one's upto you, Bubba.' Momo pouted, and Rae understood nothing.

While Rae left, James shook his head at Momo and her mischief. 'Momo, stop it. And go home, kiddo must be waiting.'

'Yea. I'll leave, but you haven't denied that you don't love her.' Momo continued, shrugging.

James turned to see Rae waiting for the elevator, typing something on the cell. 'It doesn't matter. Some sitcoms don't get a proper ending.' He said softly, Momo smiling at him.

'If this sitcom doesn't get a good ending,' She beamed at the man, holding his hand. 'Then I'll stop watching sitcoms.'

'Drama Queen.' James chuckled, and side hugged Momo, 'Get some rest.'

While Rae smiled looking at the duo and seeing James so happy, made her happy. She had an urge that she'd want him to be this happy and carefree around her too.

Why was she feeling so strongly towards him?

This can't be what she thinks is is right?

This can't be it.

Or was it?

Or had she already fallen for him?

_

Mika was coping well.

When Rae and James arrived at the hospital, of course after a small detour to Imane's house for Rae to dress up, Mika was longingly awaiting for Rae to turn up. He wasn't crying nor whimpering because the meds were heavy, yet Rae knew how much he longed for her and she sat by him for the rest of the day.

The moment Mika sniffed her, licking her face and then her hand, tears dropped down from Rae's face. The love she had for her pet was immense and extreme and truth be told, Mika deserved it.

James let them be, completing the rest of the formalities. Mika was to stay another night here and if he passed the toy out by next morning, he was good to go, which Rae desperately hoped would happen. She learnt that James had dropped by the hospital to check on Mika in the morning when she was resting and had finished up most of the formalities and docs.

The more she was with this man, the more he was respected by her.

Rae knew that James had nothing to do with her or Mika and she had broken his heart like glass, time and again and yet, he was here for her. She could never understand how he could even have the strength to face someone who only caused him pain.

She knew she would never be able to do something as selfless as this.

When it was nearly evening and Mika was still laying down after his meal, tired and yet a little energetic, Rae ran her hand over his furry stomach, comforting the boy. Mika woofed slowly, feeling loved and the moment Mika saw James entering the room, he barked happily.

'Who's a good boy.' James cooed, sitting across from Rae, 'Mika is? Is he?' Mika nudged James with his head, trying to answer his question. 'Okay, he is, he is.'

Rae could deny this heartwarming feeling no more.

Not only was James the most nicest, sweetest and the most wholesome person in the world, Rae realized that everything about James could be hers.

He could be hers.

'James?' Rae asked softly, her hand still rubbing Mika's fur. The dog was now resting his head on James's shoulder and James looked at Rae, blankly. 'Why?' She asked, even though she probably knew why.

'I'm sorry?'

'Why, did you... are you... why did you do all of this.' Rae asked, meeting his black eyes and holding that warm gaze. 'Out of everyone, you did this to me?' She scoffed, never believing that she was worth something as such. 'I'm the last person you should help.'

James held her gaze, those brown eyes were one day going to be the death of him.

'I love you, Rae.' James straightaway answered, without missing a second or hesitating as Rae's heart dropped, not believing what she heard. 'And I did this because I still love you. And I didn't do this expecting you to love me back. I did this despite the fact that you will probably never love me.' He looked her in the eye, a small smile on his face. 'I did this all for you, despite everything that happened. And, like a fool, I probably will do this again.' He chuckled, comforting Mika.

'Why?'

'Because you're worth it.' He answered, completely oblivious to her changed feelings, missing the fact that her heart skipped a beat, 'You're worth the heartbreak, Rachel.'

_

A/N

This is what happens when I write at 5 am.

You guys get a confession.

Vote. Comment. Share.

P.s. I still don't know how to end it, so leaving upto you guys.

1. Pick James, let Sykkuno be sidelined and this definitely will put a dent in RaeKkuno's friendship

2. Pick Sykkuno, let him decided Rae and James's fate while they sideline their relationship.

3. Fuck both the bois, let's live alone with Mika.

Okay, 3rd is NOT an option. Byee.