14 ~ Lyra

The next morning I was getting ready, I was doing my makeup. I didn't have much time so I needed to hurry up before I missed breakfast.
I was wearing black silk short shorts from my pajama set with a grey jumper, I had a high messy bun so I could do my makeup properly. I was doing my mascara when I heard a knock on my door, I furrowed my eyebrows and set my mascara down walking over to open the door.

I opened the door to see the same eyes that stared at me last night in the common room.

I couldn't help widening my eyes, "Oh, um hi, uh, did you need something?" I tried to sound as nice as possible, but why was he at my door right now? Not that I minded but those eyes were gonna be the death of me.

"Hi, sorry, I just thought we could maybe walk to breakfast together? You know since I don't exactly know how to get there" He blushed scratching the back of his neck and looking away.

I smiled. "Oh, yeah sure no problem. Um" I looked in my room. I should probably invite him in, right? "Why don't you come in" I moved out of the way so he could get in. He came into my room and looked around a bit as I closed the door.

"I just need to finish getting ready and then we can leave," He nodded and sat on the edge of my made bed.

I finished my mascara and put some lip gloss on very quickly. I made my way to the closet and got dressed in there very quickly.I went back to the bathroom to fix my hair a bit, I didn't have time to do it again, so I just took it out of my bun and brushed it. I probably looked like a mad woman running back and fourth.

"How did you get ready so fast?" I tried making conversation.

"I don't know, but girls do take longer than guys so..." I nodded in agreement.

"Your room is pretty big," he looked around once more.

"Yeah I guess"

"Is Blaise still asleep?" I asked him. I really didn't know how to talk to this guy, I didn't like admitting that he kinda made me nervous.

"Yeah. I assumed we'd walk to breakfast, but I saw him sleeping, so I just thought to come over to you" He turned to look at me.

"Me, huh?" I slightly smirked.

"Yeah, you" I finished fixing my hair and made my way back to the room. He was getting up just as I went into the room. I accidentally met the gaze of his beautiful eyes. I couldn't help but stare at them. He stared back.

"Your eyes are so, pretty" I instantly shut my mouth. I hadn't meant to say that out loud.

"I could say the same for you" our faces were now only a few inches away. He had stepped closed and our noses were merely touching. I looked down to his lips for a brief second before turning up to his eyes. He noticed and did the same.

I was leaning in just as I heard a door open nearby, it made me jump the tiniest bit, breaking the moment. We looked back at each other's eyes, then I smiled to myself, that I'm sure he saw and went to get my bag so we could leave.

"Shall we get going now?" I asked as I was by the door gripping the door handle.

"Sure, let's go" The dumb smile couldn't leave my face.

I opened the door and he went right out, I went right after him and closed the door. Right as I closed the door I saw blondie at the table with the apples eating out leaning against the table. He saw me and the boy exiting my room eyeing us both, I knew what he must be thinking. I couldn't exactly read his expression, but he seemed somewhat irritated? I looked at him and raised an eyebrow quickly and gave him a fake smile as I lightly pushed the boy next to me to leave to the common room.