YEAR 1

Six years ago

THE TWO BOYS looked around eagerly, eyeing their fellow first-year classmates.

"Oh come on cousin, none of them?" Enzo jabbed Draco in the rib.

"That one's not bad, not really into blondes though." Draco scrunched his nose at a short blonde girl.

"Freya Lovegood, Pureblood."

"Okay what about the one she's with?"

"Alora Atwood, Half-blood." Draco made a face at the last words, however it was quickly wiped away when a certain brunette stepped in next to the two other girls. His eyes opened wide and Enzo grabbed his wrist.

"Who is she?" Draco smirked.

"Vylette Odinson, goes by Etta. I met her on the train.  She's quite peculiar, the girl didn't even tell me where she was from." A boy's voice behind him spoke. He had dark skin and was a little chubby, "Blaise Zabini, pleasure to meet you."

They shook hands before being called into the Great Hall. Draco was sorted into Slytherin, Enzo and Blaise joining him not long after at the table.

"Next, Vylette Odinson!" Dumbledore butchered her name. It's Vill-ette, not Violet, she thought to herself. The musty old hat was placed on her brown waves and she tried to calm herself down.

The hat opened it's mouth, "Another Forester girl mhm? Sorted your sister Zena two years ago, Ravenclaw if I'm correct. Now let's see. You're creative, smart, not a bad mind. You want to do good, but you also want recognition and credit. I see great ambition. Ravenclaw would do you well, but it is not where you belong. Better be... Slytherin!" The table erupted with cheer, mostly from Draco, Enzo and Blaise as she walked over and sat down next to them. The blonde girl and the other brunette who she briefly talked with before were also in Slytherin.

"Violet Odinson, right?" The blonde beamed at her.

"Vylette, you can call me Etta though!" They shook hands.

"I'm Freya Lovegood, and this is Alora Atwood. Say, we've not got any other friends here. Would you like to bunk with us?"

The three girls talked all night long, falling asleep late at night before getting up early in the morning for their first classes at Hogwarts. A certain white head of fluffy hair at the front of the class persistently caught her eye. She had never talked to him, nor did she have the confidence to. Until one day, he approached her after class.

Etta was walking out of class when a voice behind her made her stop in her tracks.

"Hey Odinson!" Whirling around, she met eyes with a young Draco Malfoy, books in hand.

"Malfoy." She said plainly. Everybody had heard rumours about the certain platinum-haired prick who had not a single care for anybody other than himself.

"Loose the attitude, mudblood," He tried to joke with her, but Vylette wasn't amused. She had gotten used to the blood purity jokes, being in Slytherin was not easy task for a muggle-born witch. The only way she could avoid these remarks was by flaunting her high class and perfect academics in their pinched faces, "I was only gonna ask you if you signed up for Quidditch yet?"

"Why do you care?"

"Again, loose the attitude. I'm only being friendly."

"Friendly? Friendly?! You've got to me pulling my leg. Ever since we arrived all you've done is breath down my neck about my blood status."

"Vylette-"

"It's Odinson to you. I didn't sign up, and for your sake, I hope you didn't try out, might save you the embarrassment. You know how good Montague is."

"You think he's better than me?"

"To be a seeker you have to be quick, agile, not to mention SMART. None of catagories fall under your name Malfoy."

"I like my chances." He smirked, catching a fly that was buzzing nearby between his fingers.

"We'll see." She strode away, desperate to hide her blushed cheeks. This was odd for her, she never found him attractive, he was never nice, so why did she feel this way?