Mono didn't think he was being harsh with his protection, especially since Six had gotten into plenty of trouble during their time together. Regardless, he still felt bad, which is why he sat next to her on the floor, putting the flyer down nearby. "I don't want to lose you." He tried to break the tension by speaking his heart; Six looked at him with wide eyes and flushed cheeks when she heard this simple yet emotional sentence. Even Mono was shy, but only because of her reaction.

     "Why do you say those embarrassing things? It makes my chest feel weird..." She replied meekly, putting a hand over her heart and averting her gaze from the boy.

     "Because I mean it, Six. I want us to be together forever." Although he meant it in a platonic sense, he wouldn't deny that there was something more he felt. It was times like these when they just had the silence to speak volumes for them...his chest felt weird, too.
     He put his hand on Six's back, but he flinched away a bit when she turned her head back around, making their faces merely inches apart. It was stressful to even look at Six from a distance because of how scary she was, so being this close to her with such a warm feeling made him sweat. He couldn't express how thankful he was when she eventually rested her head beneath his chin, getting rid of the nerve-racking atmosphere. "You understand, then?" He spoke up again, wanting to make sure they were on the same page about the precautions they needed to take.

     Six wrapped her arms around Mono's neck and barely lifted her head, making slight eye contact with him and then leaning up towards his face. After a second of hesitation, she placed a chaste, sweet kiss on his cheek. It was a small peck, but it was enough to pump Mono up for days, maybe even weeks. "I'm not going anywhere." She mumbled as she laid her head against his chest, her eyes on the verge of spilling more tears.

     Mono held the girl quietly for a couple of minutes until he calmed down from his shock. He eventually pulled Six with him as he stood up, walking to one of the beds that the other kids had used. He helped her onto it first and then joined her in laying down, his head spinning because of his overcrowding thoughts about her. "We should try to sleep. We don't know when we'll get to next." He suggested in a near-whisper, turning onto his other side so he could face the door and protect her if need be.
     Behind him, she clung to him by wrapping an arm around his chest. She rested the palm of her hand over his heart and leaned her head against Mono's back, dozing off in no time at all. Being so lulled by her closeness, Mono interlocked his fingers over Six's hand and tried to fall asleep. It took a bit longer for him, but he managed.

     A few hours later, Mono woke up because he felt Six move away from him. She faced the other way, holding her stomach and groaning just like the other times when her hunger hit. He put a hand on her shoulder and rubbed it to comfort her. "You okay? Do you want to eat?" He knew the answers already, but he just wanted to hear them for himself, to make sure Six felt well enough to move around.
     The girl turned over and faced Mono after a few seconds, showing him her hand, which was dripping blood from her fingertips. It appeared she had tried to take her mind off of her hunger by biting the skin off her fingers. He had done this sort of thing before, but never so extreme that it would draw blood. "Six? It's okay... Talk to me." He did something stupid and reached his hand out to cup the girl's cheek, completely disregarding how she had reached earlier when he barely touched her forehead.
     He was trying to comfort her, but before he knew it, Six was drooling and violently attacking him, her teeth digging into his arm. For some reason, he couldn't scream; he was so choked up in fear that he couldn't move at all. And then, all of a sudden, he woke up, jolting his body forwards because of the shock. He was sweating, and he realized Six wasn't beside him anymore. How long had they been sleeping? And where had she gone?
     Struggling to catch his breath, Mono slipped off of the bed and made his way to the door in jagged steps. He peeked his head into the hallway and made sure it was safe before leaving the room. He could immediately hear the clanking footsteps of the teacher's heels from the floor below him. He wondered if Six was there, too.
     He made his way through the halls until he reached the elevator, going down to the fourth floor once he was inside. Upon exiting, he looked around for the teacher, which was easy since she was so tall and overwhelming. He found her carrying a trash bag; for the sake of his last bit of innocence, he didn't want to know what was inside. "Ms. Anne, have you seen Six? Th-The girl I was with." He corrected himself quickly, feeling weird discussing the girl to someone who hadn't really spoken to her.