6: A Thief's Preparation

Keiji stood outside of the shady clinic in Yongen-Jaya. This was where one of the most important person to his success is. Tae Takemi. She's the doctor who led this clinic, and if he could by her special medicine from her, that would help with healing himself while going into the Palace.

Keiji had to be ready. This was real. One mistake could mean his death, and not enough preparation could also lead to that. It was scary.

That's why he needed to get this medicine. All he remembered was that the protagonist overheard a man yelling about "special medicine", before asking Tae herself. He would have to be careful while trying to obtain this.

He pulled out some yen from his pockets. His pocket money. He internally cried as he knew it was going to be gone after he came back. Hopefully he could get some more from the Palaces, like how it worked in the game.

He walked up the stairs to the clinic. Opening the door, he entered a small, empty, waiting room. It contained a couple chairs and magazines, with a desk that Tae sat behind. Tae had short, navy blues hair with a black, spiky choker around her neck, which gave her a kind of gothic look.

"How may I help you?" She asked, looking at the new arrival.

"Do you have any 'special medicine'?" Asked Keiji.

Tae looked at him, before standing up from the desk and walking towards him. She grabbed his worst and pulled him through the door to the back of the clinic, where there was a bed, desk, and multiple cabinets. She sat down at the desk, before gesturing to a chair in front of her which Keiji nervously sat on.

"Where did you hear that?" She asked him, narrowing her eyes at him.

"It was a rumor." Lied Keiji.

"So you wanted to see if it was true?" Asked Tae.

"Basically. But I was wondering if I could have some." Replied Keiji.

"I was going to dispose of that medicine anyways. I got a little too carried away with it." Tae stated. "But tell me, what would a middle schooler like you be interested in that medicine?" She asked.

"It's very strange indeed. You don't seem to be athletic, so..." she observed.

"...What exactly are you up to?" She asked, suspicious.

"It's for studying." Replied Keiji.

"Studying? Oh, for your exams?" Asked Tae. "So you're looking to improve your concentration and reduce fatigue? Hm, that's not the best idea." She replied.

"Well good luck. So why don't you have an energy drink or something?" continued Tae.

"I've tried, but it doesn't help." Replied Keiji.

"..." Tae scratched the back of her head. "You're annoying, you know that?" She said. "The medicine is really expensive." Stated Tae, causing Keiji's wallet to cry.

"And it's not something a high schooler can get his hands on. Costs almost as much as a car." Informed Tae.

"Got it? So how about you just go home." Suggested Tae.

"Can I work for it?" Asked Keiji.

"What, like a part-time job?" Tae wondered. "Do you consider yourself someone with a good amount of stamina?"

"I admit I have been locking for a young person around your age to help me out." Replied Tae. "But I haven't been able to find one. If you and your parents agree..."

Tae looked at him. "...Are you up for it?" She asked.

"What would I be doing?" Keiji curiously asked.