Chapter 36: Bugs and other Nuisances

Začít od začátku

"You forgot,...why am I not even the slightest bit surprised?" she shook her head in exasperation. "Is there maybe anything else you want to tell me that might endanger anyone...maybe why suddenly aggressive ghosts appeared everywhere?"

Loki gulped audibly. This woman could be terrifying when angry. Harry, on the other hand, snickered over the pagan's predicament.

"How about you tell her about everything before she sends the Unspeakables to play with you while we wrap everything up here and meet at Fortescue's in Diagon Alley?" he asked between snickers.

Loki looked unhappy about being alone with a pissed off Bones but nodded, standing up to follow the woman.

"And Mrs Bones...I want him back," Harry told her with a mischievous smirk. "Or I might want to test the Ministry's security. Perhaps you should ask the MACUSA how to improve it. I heard they had an extensive test of their security not all that long ago and failed completely."

"So you were the one pranking them," she replied knowingly.

"I already proved to your Aurors that I never cast any magic with either of my wands after the end of the school year," Harry shrugged.

"And you want me to believe that you're not able to perform the deeds in another way? With how close you're to Loki?" the knowing glint in her eyes only intensified. "Anyway, Mr Laufeyson, I think we need to talk. Good day."

She strode out of the room closely followed by Loki with a nod towards the rest of them. It took the woman responsible for reinstating Harry's parents as alive a few more moments to come out of her stupor. Still, once she did, they quickly worked through the massive amount of paperwork.

It then took them another half an hour before they could go. They picked up Sirius before leaving the ministry by Apparition, Lily taking her son with her, and reappeared in a side alley to Diagon Alley. Together they went over to Fortescue's, where they sat down outside to enjoy the sun.

However, the entire thing quickly became bothersome. Some of the passers-by recognised Harry and his parents and began to stare and talk about them. That naturally attracted the attention of others, and soon a massive crowd formed around them. It was heightened when a woman sat down at their table without asking for permission. She had blond curly hair that she had pinned up loosely, bright red painted nails and lips and green robes. A notepad and a green quill floated next to her, ready to note down anything and everything.

"Rita Skeeter, reporter of the Daily Prophet," she introduced herself sweetly with a broad smile. "So, it is true that you, Lily and James Potter are back with the living. Any comment to that for my dear readers?"

"Only that if you write any lies about us, you'll be out of a job very quickly," James snarled. He knew that sort of reporter...always out for the big scoop. "And it is Lord Potter for you."

"There, there, no reason to become hostile, Lord Potter," she said with a charming smile. "I only wanted to give you the opportunity to tell us your view on things before rumours come up. We don't want the people to think that you performed some dark ritual, do we?"

"It was no dark ritual," Harry frowned. He carefully thought about what to say next, knowing that it wouldn't be a good idea to tell them that he had been behind it or that he made a deal with Crowley either. "It was just a little trade between friends. I have something Crow wanted, and he was powerful enough to get me what I wanted in return, no ritual involved."

"So, your friend revived your parents?" her attention now was on Harry. "How did he do it then if not with a ritual?"

"He waved his hand, and they were alive," Harry raised an eyebrow. Okay, it hadn't really happened precisely that way, or Crowley's doing at all. But the result was the same, she was left in the dark.