Thirty-Nine & Forty

Start from the beginning

Over the course of the next hour Aston and I mingled around with the rest of the people at the after party, sipping our drinks and enjoying the music. I had no idea what time it was, but in that moment I was so caught up in this popstar world that I didn't really care.

"You gonna dance yet?" Aston asked me after I'd finished my drink and set my empty glass on a table. I hardly ever had alcohol, so even that one drink had me feeling a little bit looser than normal.

"Fine," I sighed, "Let me get rid of my blazer." I quickly peeled the garment off and set it off with my bag in the corner.

"Come onnn," Aston whined, grabbing my hand and dragging me over to the makeshift dance floor in the little area that had been sectioned off.

He gently grabbed my hands and pulled me nearer him, turning me in his grip so my arms were crossed in front of me and my back was to him. A relatively laid back tune was on, so I leant my head back onto Aston's shoulder as he swayed us back and forth.

"We can leave whenever you want," he whispered into my ear after the song had ended and a slightly faster one had come on.

"Thought you wanted to dance?" I asked, as he kissed the space behind my ear gently.

"Well..." he replied, twisting me back around and then pulling me closer to him so he could wrap his hands around my waist. I let my now free hands wrap around his neck as we continued to sway to the music.

"Well what?" I questioned, my eyebrow raised.

"Well... I wouldn't mind going back to the hotel with my girlfriend soon?"

"What why? Thought you wanted to party?"

"Jessss," Aston whined, "Quit winding me up!"

"Quit being such a boy then," I grinned, "Dance for a little longer."

"Fine," he pouted, rather dramatically at that. I couldn't help it, I took the opportunity to press a sloppy kiss against his pouty lips as we continued to dance.

A full hour later and I finally agreed to head out. We hit a point in the night where I started to find it funny, telling Aston that I wanted to stick around, but eventually his moaning had me convinced that it was time to leave.

"You ready?" he asked as I slipped my blazer back on and grabbed my things.

"Yup," I replied, taking his outstretched hand. We wandered through the club to the exit where a cab had been ordered for us, as the others were staying for a bit longer.

When we got to the hotel we paid the driver and then slipped out, ready to sneak up into Aston's room for the night.

"Aww man," he sighed quietly as the cab pulled away.

"What?" I asked. He'd completely stopped in his tracks and I could tell he was thinking things over.

"Fans," he said, "Listen, I can give you my key and meet you up there..."

"Whatever works for you," I told him. He gave me his key and told me his room number and then we parted ways. I smiled to myself as he went to meet his adoring fans. He didn't have to, it was the middle of the night and we'd just been at the club for hours. But he did it.

I slipped into the hotel after him and went up to his room, grabbing out my pajamas and changing while he was downstairs. I went into the en suite to sort myself out, hearing three loud knocks just as I put my toothbrush in my mouth.

"What you doing?" he asked, following me into the en suite where I spit out the foamy paste.

"Getting ready for bed," I shrugged.