Thirty-Nine & Forty

PART THRITY NINE

I knew when I agreed to go to the club that I was going to get weird looks from people for how close to Aston I was, but I was not anticipating just how many I'd get. Everyone in the building gave me some sort of curious glance the second I walked in with the boys. Fair enough, it wasn't like Aston and I had been publicly parading around that we were in a relationship, but it wasn't like we hadn't been papped while out on our little dates prior to the boys going on Tour. In fact, we'd been papped a few times, there was certainly some speculation around us. I guess it was all still a bit of a surprise, me showing up in Cardiff.

While the boys did their DJ set and various other after party commitments I sat back and watched on, laughing to myself as they lapped up the attention from the hundreds of girls in the club.

"You're such a show-off," I teased Aston when he was done with the set and we'd been led off to a sectioned off part of the club, away from prying eyes, to continue the party on.

"I'm not going to say no to a little attention, especially from girls," he grinned, "Now let me get you a drink."

"Careful..." I warned him. I received an eye roll back as he went over to sort out the round.

While I waited, Marvin sidled over to me. "I'm glad that you two are giving it a go," he said.

"Yeah? Why?"

"I don't know why, but Ast has been crazy about you pretty much since we met you to sort out all the Sport Relief stuff. It'll be good for him to have someone of his own, I can tell that he's been envious of JB and I for being in relationships, even if he won't admit it."

"Well I'm excited to see where this goes," I said, "I haven't had many boyfriends, and certainly not in ages, but I have a good feeling about this."

"What have you got good feelings about?" Aston asked as he returned with two drinks.

"Us," I smiled.

"Mmm me too," he grinned, leaning over and kissing me lightly on the cheek. He passed me a drink as he pulled away, letting his now free hand fall to my waist.

"What is this?" I questioned.

"Orange juice," he replied innocently.

"And?"

"Who said there was something else in it? Back me up Marv!" Aston protested.

I watched on as Marvin put his hands in the air, "Not getting involved in this," he said, taking a slight step back.

"You're always trying to be a bad influence... No wonder my Dad calls you that!"

"He does not call me that?" Aston frowned, looking down at his drink.

"He calls every boy that," I sighed, "Even Joe." Without thinking I took a gulp of my orange juice, only to be met with the harsh taste of vodka. It took everything I had not to spit it all over the floor. "ASTON!!!"

"Haha so you might have been right," he grinned. I smacked Aston on the chest and watched out of the corner of my eye as Marvin snuck away from the pair of us, striking up a conversation with JB and one of the dancers.

"You're such an imp," I laughed, squeezing his side gently.

"Have the one drink... To celebrate winning in Norway."

"Fine," I smiled, holding it up, "And to celebrate an excellent show from you boys tonight."

"Cheers," Aston smiled, clinking his glass against mine before taking a sip. Knowing that my drink was heavily spiked with vodka, I sipped my drink slowly from then on.