Nineteen

Ariana

"Ariana!" I heard the voice of my father. I thought I was tripping though.

I thought it was a dream but once I heard him call out for me again, I knew this shit was reality.

My eyes shot open and I was laying naked on Dave's chest. My heart dropped to my ass as he peacefully slept through my father's yelling.

"Who left Doritos sitting out? Their probably stale!" He yelled as I sat up, shaking Dave uncontrollably.

"Dave!" I said as I wrapped myself in the sheets in the process.

"Hm?" He asked, turning on his side.

"Get up! My father is back!" I say frantically but it didn't phase him.

Should've known

"Daveee!!" I whined.

"What Ari?" He asked.

"My dad is here!" I said.

"Okay...what you want me to do?" He asked.

I smacked my lips.

"Get out!" I said.

I got out of bed as he sat up. I threw him his towel and pushed him toward the door.

"I'm not leaving Ari." He said and I sighed, palming my face.

"Why not? You trying to get me in trouble?" I asked.

"What can your father do to me?" He asked.

"It's not what he can to do you, it's what he can do to me!" I said as I opened the door.

I pushed him out, slamming the door in his face.

I let out a sigh of relief and walked in the bathroom to take a warm bath because a bitch legs sore.

*
"Hey daddy." I smiled innocently.

Sliding onto the bar stool, he turned towards me.

"I see you were in a deep sleep this morning." He said and I laughed.

"If that's what you wanna call it." I said and he shook his head.

"Where's Dave?" He asked.

"YERR." Dave said as he entered the kitchen.

He dapped my pops up, not even looking in my direction to acknowledge me but that's good.

My father didn't need to suspect anything.

"Glad your back." Dave said.

"I know. I'm happy to be back with my babygirl." My dad said, smiling at me.

Hearing Dave laugh made us both look at him cause what the fuck is funny?

"Oh she ain't no baby girl no more." He said and I watched my dads eye brows furrow.

"What?" My dad asked.

"Hm?" Dave said as he grabbed a water bottle from the fridge.

"Imma go. Jayda's coming to get me." I said.

"And where are y'all going?" My dad asked.

"To the mall." I said darting out the kitchen and outside.

I patiently waited for Jayda outside because it was getting a lil hot in there.

Seeing her car pull up, I hopped up. I got inside her car, letting out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.