Thirty-Three & Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

“Oh, that’s good right?”

“I guess… I still should call him at some point,” I said.

“Only if you want to,” Aston said, pulling me up from the couch and placing a hand on my waist.

“He’ll just keep calling if I don’t,” I reasoned, “I might as well.”

“Well let me know if you need anything,” Aston said, kissing me lightly.

“Thanks for a great birthday,” I told him as I leant my head back away from his, “It was unforgettable.”

“No worries,” he grinned, “It was fun! We should have more fun nights out!”

“Hmmm… Are you asking me out again?”

“I might be,” he giggled, scrunching his nose up.

“Thought you weren’t going to do that anymore?” I asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Well then you said yes and that changed everything,” he replied, leaning in and kissing me again. “Now quit teasing.”

“Fine,” I replied with a smile.

“So then… Tonight?”

“Dinner at Joe’s tonight,” I said, “You can come if you want.”

“What time?”

“Probably earlyish, 6:30 or 7:00.”

“Ah I won’t be free until probably 8:00,” Aston said.

“Tomorrow then?” I asked.

“Sure… You can ride home with me after our Sport Relief interview. I’ll cook you something and we can watch a film or something.”

“Sounds good,” I said, “Now goo!”

“Sorry,” Aston laughed, kissing me quickly one more time before releasing me and grabbing his keys, “See you tomorrow. Don’t forget to lock up.”

“I won’t, bye Ast.”

I sat back down on the sofa again, looking around the room I was sitting in idly. After a minute I texted Joe to set a time for training and then I called for a cab to take me home. Aston had left some money on the table in the foyer but I left it there when the cab arrived. 

I got the usual inquisition from Joe when I finally got to training that afternoon. He wanted to know every little detail about my day with Aston, from calling him in the middle of the night all the way through running away from my Dad.

“I think you loooove him,” Joe joked as I lifted weights.

“I hardly know him!” I protested

“You know him better than most people,” Joe said with a suggestive look.

“Shut up!” I squealed, slightly scandalized

“The one thing I don’t understand Jess, is how you went from being completely closed off with him, to wanting to spend so much time with him!”

“I’ve been trying to figure that out too,” I said.

“And? Any conclusions?”

“I think…” I started slowly, “I think its because he’s such a kid at heart, and I never really got to have a real childhood. I think being with him is my way of finally living those years out a tiny bit. I mean, we literally ran away from my Dad like 16 year olds last night. And I kind of loved it.”

“So being with Aston is your chance to have a bit of fun?”

“Something like that!” I grinned.