Close By The Embers

Philza crossed his arms Sally almost jumped out of her skin. When he busted into Wilburs room.

"Dad look I can explain..."

Philza grabbed Wilbur by the ear dragging him out of the room.

He slammed the door behind him then took him downstairs. His grip is still tight on his ear.

Techno was at the end of the stairs a water bottle in hand. Rubbing one of his ears, he was a victim of Philza aggressive ear tugging.

"Can you tell me why there is a girl in your room?"

Philza demanded his foot tapping angrily.
Neither of the twins answered they looked at each other back and forth. trying to find the right words.

"1....2...-"

When Phil started counting down and everyone in the house knew never ever. Never let him get to 3.

"Sally ran away, Techno found her on the bench and brought her home, her dad hit her and I don't want her to be hurt again so I want her to stay here"

Wilbur blurted fast some of his words cramming together. His face red and embarrassed Techno was looking over at him.

Philza sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. He shook his head slowly then pointed at the couch.

"You two sit down on that couch right now"

His voice stern and low Techno and Wilbur immediately. Ran over to the couch sitting down quickly.

Philza looked at them back forth then turned around. Walking back up the stairs to their bedroom.

Philza felt odd going to confronting a young woman like Sally. He was used to sons he was used to rowdy little boys.

He slowly pushed the door open Sally was sitting on the bed. Her hands-on her face Philza could see all the sunburn on her he knew those must have hurt so bad.

"Hey, Sally..."

Sally lifted her head her eyes widened she then started speaking before. Philza even had a chance to comprehend what was going on.

"Philza sir I'm so sorry I didn't want to go here because I knew you would be upset, please forgive Techno and Wilbur-"

Philza held up his hands stopping Sally she bit her tongue. looking back down Philza walked over and reached out she flinched.

Philza pulled back quickly Wilbur wasn't lying about the abuse.

"Hey...hey, I'm not gonna hurt you okay I'm not like your dad I'm nice I promise okay?"

Sally nodded and Philza placed a hand on her forehead she. Flinched once more from the pain of pressing against her sunburn.

"Ouch ouch..."

Philza pulled back and sighed crossing his arms and shaking his head. Slowly he then thought for a moment pacing back and forth.

'If I send her back she'll just be abused again Wilbur would never forgive me...'

"Okay Sally you can stay here"