Chapter 9

No member of the Special Operations squad had ever felt as terrified as they were right now. Not only where they being chased by probably one of the most dangerous foes they had ever encountered, but their Captain was not even giving them permission to engage it. Heck, he wasn't even answering their questions. This wasn't the Captain Levi they all respected and served under... no, it was like something was bugging him.

"Captain, please let us switch to our 3D maneuver gear and take it out!" Petra begged, her tone full of fear as she took a quick glance back at the female Titan, who killed off yet another soldier.

Again, Levi did not reply or even look back.

"I'll turn it into minced meat!" Eld said, anger and frustration clearly present in his voice. He turned to look at Saitama. "Saitama, why the hell aren't you engaging the enemy?! I thought you said you didn't take orders too well!?" he shouted at the baldy, who did the same as Levi, not even facing him or giving him an answer. "What the hell?" Eld said to himself. "First, we go into the forest, and now Captain Levi will not let us even take it down? Just what the hell is going on?"

"Everyone, cover your ears." Levi ordered as he reached for his flare gun. He pointed it upwards and pulled the trigger, sending out an ear-deafening sound.

"A sound blast?" Eren questioned while covering his ears.

"What is your job?" Levi asked, this time turning to face them. "Does it entail letting yourself be ruled by fickle emotions? Not in my book. Our squad's mission is to keep this stupid kid far out of harm's way," he said, turning his head forward as he continued. "Even if it costs us our lives."

Eren looked at his Captain in shock. It wasn't to keep watch over him? His eyes suddenly widened as he realized why Saitama was with the squad. He was there as a last effort, should everyone else fail to protect him. Because of his abilities he'd be able to take the Female Titan head on. But... why wasn't he fighting it right now? He could finish it off with one swift blow, and they'd be safe and sound. Why the hell wasn't Saitama fighting back?! Why wasn't the so-called savior of humanity; saving humanity? Gritting his teeth in anger, Eren tugged at his horse as it sped up, eventually catching up with Saitama. "What the hell are you doing?! Why aren't you fighting?"

"Eren, get back into formation!" Petra ordered.

Eren, ignoring the female soldier, continued. "Everyone is thinking so highly of you. Everyone thinks you'll be the one to put an end to all of this suffering! So why the hell aren't you doing what you are supposed to do?! Why aren't you fighting?!"

"Eren," Levi said, glaring at him. "Get back in formation and leave Saitama out of this."

Eren gritted his teeth as he felt a sudden rush of anger overtake him. He let out a sigh before falling back into his original position.

"We'll continue fleeing on horseback. Got it?" Levi said, looking forward again.

"Yes, sir!" Petra replied. She looked at Saitama, her expression turning into one of frustration and confusion. 'Eren's right about one thing,' she thought to herself. 'Everyone, even Captain Levi said that you'd save us. So why aren't you helping us, Saitama?'

"Continue fleeing? To where?" Eren asked, looking back. "Besides, it's already right on our asses!" he exclaimed, looking up at the female Titan. His eyes widened as he saw two soldiers flying through the trees. Now flying beside the female Titan, Eren watched in horror as the soldiers drew their blades. "Again?! The reinforcements!" he exclaimed in shock. "If we don't help, they'll get wiped out like the others."

"Eren, eyes forward!" Gunther ordered, glaring at him.

"Gunther!" Eren exclaimed, looking at him in shock.