Alec was next, the light leaving his chest just as it had with the three before him. Alec's face contorts to one of horror when a smiling Jace appears in the vortex. Jace turns to face Alec who had clearly begun to panic. 

"No, it's not true! The demon deceived me!"

"Do not break the bond!" Magnus says.

"Alec, it's okay!" Isabelle says.

"No!" Alec shouts.

"Alec no!" Davina shouts but Alec doesn't listen.

Alec yanks his hands back and the bond is broken, a ripple soaring from withing the vortex that launches everyone back. Davina grunts when she slams into the floor, sliding slightly before stopping. 

Magnus is quick to act, blue orbs appearing in his hands as he tries to contain the demon. But it was clear that the demon was strong as Magnus begins to visibly struggle against the creature.

"I cannot contain the demon much longer!" Magnus shouts.

Alec looks around at everyone getting into fighting stances before striding towards the demon. Davina is the first to react, running towards the Lightwood male and wrapping her arms around him. Jace snaps out of his dazed stupor when he spots the creature reaching for the small redhead. 

Davina grunts when a body collides with her and Alec, sending the pair of them crashing to the ground. She turns and her eyes widen in shock as she watches Jace get lifted into the demon's grasp. 

Davina launches herself forward, grabbing onto Jace's arm as Isabelle does the same thing with Jace's other arm. 

"Alec help us!" Isabelle pleads but Alec just stares in shock.

"ALEC!" Davina's shout snaps Alec out of his guilt and back into shadowhunter mode.

Alec grabs the same arm as Davina, the pair gripping on tightly, trying to pull against the demon's grip. 

"The demon is growing stronger!" Magnus shouts.

"He's slipping!" Davina cries out as Jace gets pulled further in by the demon. 

"Clary! Help us!"

"Davina," Clary holds out the blade to the redhead. "I can't kill my one chance at finding my mother"

Davina takes the seraph blade into her hand and she looks at the vortex which clears away to reveal a man.

"Davina, if you kill the demon, Clary's memories will be lost forever!"

Davina freezes as she stares at the figure in front of her.

"Hello Davina," Valak says. "Or should I say, your highness?"

"Let Jace go," Davina says. 

"I was reaching for you," Valak says. "The coveted seelie princess? Hidden in the mundane world. You'd have gone for a pretty penny in any shadow market. Or you could become a great ally to the demon realm"

"An ally? To demons?"

Davina loses sight of Valak as a vision fills her eyes. She's stood in the centre but she doesn't recognise herself. Her hair is short, cut above her shoulders and she is covered in blood. Lay at her feet are Shadowhunters and Downworlders, bathing in puddles of their own and others' blood. 

"You can't fight the darkness Davina you can only embrace it," 

Davina drops the sword and clamps her hands to her ears before opening her mouth. 

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" 

Magnus' windows are shattered by the wail that follows, causing everyone to clamp their hands over their ears as they listen to the loud wail. Suddenly, the demon drops Jace and begins to shriek in pain, its body writhing and thrashing in pain and the entire room is covered with a thick black dust which coats everyone in the room. Davina's wail trails off and she stumbles backward, causing Magnus to move swiftly and catch her in his arms as she falls to the ground. Blood was trickling from her nose as Magnus helps her onto a couch in the room. 

Davina's eyes move to Jace who was lay on the floor, as still as a corpse. The redhead stumbles to her feet and turns the blonde over placing her hands on either side of his face.

"Jace," Davina's voice was a whisper but it carried across the room.

Magnus watches in curiosity as Davina's eyes glow green, the sound waves of her whisper were audible to the naked eye. Jace shoots up coughing and wheezing loudly, leaning into Davina who rubs his back gently. 

"I'm all right," Jace wheezes. "Just getting my second wind"

"Thought we lost you for a minute," Davina says. "I heard church bells ringing in celebration"

"What's the count on how many times I've saved your life?"

"I think we're even," Davina says.

"I don't think so," Jace says before dropping his voice to a whisper, leaning in closer to Davina. "But I enjoy saving the beautiful ones"

 "But I enjoy saving the beautiful ones"