"This is the birthmark of Seelie royalty," Magnus watches Davina's face as she stares at her new appearance in the mirror. 

"Clary's done," Isabelle says.

Davina turns and Isabelle's eyes almost bulge out of their head. It was clearly Davina who stood in front of her but she was so different at the same time.

"Thank you Isabelle," Magnus says, once again offering his arm to Davina who takes it.

Magnus takes in the drawing Clary had finished on the floor, an impressed look on his face. 

"Jocelyn was right, your artistry is beyond compare," Magnus says.

"I don't know about that" Clary says.

"Oh, the only other people I've known who could draw as well were Michelangelo, who was excellent in bed, I might add. And our very own Davina"

No one in the room missed Magnus' look at Alec after his slightly risque comment. Davina nudes Magnus in the side. 

"You'll scare him away," Davina whispers. "He's a deer in headlights"

"Okay," Magnus nods, signalling to Davina he had listened to what she had said. "Everyone take your rightful place on the hexagram. Davina, you stand between Isabelle and Jace"

The order started with Magnus, then Alec, Jace, Davina, Isabelle, and Clary and then it was back to Magnus. 

"We must initiate a bond," Magnus says. "Once this bond is sealed it cannot be broken until the demon retreats. No matter what happens we must not let go of each others' hands"

Magnus extends his hand to Alec who eyes it suspiciously before taking it. A low boom fills the room and the pair jolt as if they had been shocked. Alec takes Jace's hand who then in turn extends his hand to Davina. The jolt was quick and only mildly painful. Davina extends her hand to Isabelle. Eventually, a circle is formed and they all ensure their grip is tight.

"I will lead the ceremony, and you all must do exactly as I say. The demon's name is Valak. And at some point, he will ask for payment in exchange for Clary's memories" Magnus says.

"What do you mean? What kind of payment?" Jace asks.

"We will see. Let us begin" Magnus says before beginning to chant in Chthonian.

"The necklace. It's pulsing," Isabelle looks down at the ruby which was beating in a pattern not dissimilar to a heartbeat.

"Well at least it works," Davina comments. 

The howling of wind fills their ears as a swirling vortex appears before them. Davina's hair was whipping across her face as she stares into the vortex.

"Valak is among us. Do not break the bond"

"Hold on!" Jace shouts at Davina.

"Maybe stop sweating!"

"It is time, the demon demands payment," Magnus says.

"What does it want?" Alec asks.

"We must each relinquish a beloved memory of the one we love the most," Magnus says.

Isabelle is first up and she gasps as a light is pulled from her chest, a smiling Alec showing up in the vortex. Clary is next and the same thing happens, a light pulled from her chest and Jocelyn appears in the whirling cloud.

The feeling was strange, it was like something was tugging in your chest. Finding a memory closest to your heart and trying to separate it from you. Davina lets out a gasp, much like Clary and Isabelle, when the light is pulled from her. An image of Dot appears in the vortex, a wide smile on her face.