Chapter 5

Finally, Natalie managed to calm herself down enough to think about what to do next. This wasn't just a sick prank someone was playing on her anymore. She had to face the fact that her PST was no longer behind her and somebody clearly meant her harm. Maybe it wasn't him, but that wasn't a risk she would take.

Over the next half hour Natalie took photos of everything she had been sent so she would have a copy then gathered everything together on a folder. She ran upstairs and packed an overnight bag, she needed to talk about all of this with someone.

Natalie loaded everything into her car and drive out of the village. In a few minutes she had reached the bus stop on the outside of town where there was a phone booth and dialled.

Ring. Please, please pick up. Ring. This place is so isolated, anyone could be watching. Ring. What is taking so long? Ri-click.
"Hello?" The voice crackled through the speaker.
"Where does the sun go?"
"To light up the children's dreams"
"Code 1, location C, 4 hours."
"Okay"

Natalie looked around nervously and checked her car seats before getting back in and preparing to carry on driving. This would be the furthest she had gone outside of the village since she had moved to Belstone. She came here to hide so leaving had always felt like a huge risk. Natalie didn't have any reason to leave really, she only had one family member left outside the village but she understood how Natalie felt about connections to her past so they didn't have much contact. Natalie sent a short monthly letter so that she would know Natalie was alright but that was their only contact until today. Before she left, Natalie established a set of codes in case of emergency situations, this was the first time she had used them.

She sighed and began to drive.