George quickly nodded before leaving, along with the rest of my colleagues, closing the door behind them. Daniel sighed and grabbed John's desk chair, carrying it over to my desk as he said, "Have a seat." Gesturing to my own chair.

I quietly sat down and so did Daniel, reaching up to take his hat off and drop it on my desk. He rested his elbows on his thighs, leaning on them and intertwining his fingers in front of him as he asked in Korean, "Are you alright, Soobin-ssi?"

My eyes slightly widened at how soft and gentle his voice sounded, much different than just a moment ago. I nodded nonetheless, "Y-Yes, sir."

He raised an eyebrow at me, "Are you sure? You don't need to go to the infirmary?" He asked, his voice just as soft as before.

I shook my head, "No, sir. It was just one punch... I-I'm alright."

"Alright..." He said in English again, moving his chair closer to me. I felt the loose fabric of his dress pants brush against my knee as he asked, "Mind explaining to me what happened? And please, be honest."

I nodded and quickly said, "Hugh was a bit frustrated when it became midnight and threw some papers towards the chalkboard, b-but he didn't do anything crazy. A-And then, George and Charles yelled at me because they think all I'm doing is drawing. B-But I told them that we just have different approaches to the problem at hand. I-I guess he didn't like that because he screamed 'bullocks' and grabbed my collar and hit me... Oh, and Charles accused me of being a Japanese spy." I let out a breath, saying everything at lightning speed out of anxiousness.

Daniel sighed, rubbing his eyes a bit out of frustration, "Do they not like your idea?"

I shook my head, "George and Charles laughed at me when I proposed it."

"What about Hugh and John?"

I pursed my lips, "They didn't say much, but they're still with George and Charles. I guess they don't have faith in it either."

Daniel looked over my shoulder, probably noticing my design over multiple pieces of paper pinned to the corkboard against the wall, "Is it almost done?"

I nodded, "Yes, sir."

"Is there any chance you could possibly present it to Commander Denniston by the end of the week?"

"Maybe. Might have to go into next week."

He nodded and pulled his hands away from each other, my breath hitching as he placed his palm on my lower thigh. His touch was soft and gentle again, like every time he places his hand on my shoulder to guide me somewhere, yet this is far more intimate. I tensed up but didn't pull away. It's not like I wanted to pull away in the first place, especially when he looked into my eyes. His gaze was soft and endearing, which was much different than before. He quietly replied, "Just try your best."

I nodded, letting out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in as he rubbed his thumb over my thigh, effectively calming me down a bit, "I will."

He stood up, moving to the side of me just to place his hand on my shoulder this time, "Thank you."

I nodded as he squeezed my shoulder, surprised that he wasn't showing his dominance like he normally does. He pulled away and cleared his throat after a moment, like he had realized what he was doing. He grabbed his hat, putting it back on his head before putting John's chair back at his desk. He looked at me again, giving me his little soft smile as he said, "You're free to go. I'll talk to George and make sure it doesn't happen again."

I nodded and stood up, grabbing my jacket as I quietly replied, "Thank you."

Daniel waited quietly as I gathered my things, organizing the papers on my desk a bit before slinging my bag over my shoulder. I gulped as I looked back at Daniel, seeming like he was lost in his thoughts as I pushed my desk chair in and shut off my lamp. I started to walk towards the door, but Daniel stepped in front of me, gently placing his hand on my chest, "Are you sure you're alright?"

Even though he asked a simple question, my mind was going in loops. His eyes were asking for something more, something even I could pick up on. He kept his hand on my chest, so maybe he wanted me to react. I hesitantly brought my hand up, resting it over Daniel's and rubbing lightly with my thumb, "I am." I replied, trying to tell him the same thing with my eyes as well.

He smiled at me, not the soft one he gives to everyone else, a real genuine smile, "Good..." He said, slowly taking his hand away, which pulled mine away as well. He stepped to the side, clasping his hands behind his back again like normal, "Have a good night."

I nodded, "You as well, Lieutenant." I said, giving him a small smile before I left, sheepishly smiling at the ground as I walked back to my house.