Then another thought popped into my head.

"Where's my dad?" I asked Madam Pomfrey, my heart beating rapidly against my chest.

"Jake's with the Minister and the Headmaster, I believe," she replied casually. "They are congratulating Severus, I'm sure-"

I thought that Dad congratulating Snape was very unlikely, especially after he had screamed at all of us in the Shrieking Shack.

"What for?" I pressed, feeling more confused by the second.

Madam Pomfrey paused, crossing her arms and staring down at me. "By thunder, for saving all your lives, of course!"

"Saving our lives-?"

My voice was suddenly drowned out by a distant roar of fury echoing from somewhere above us.

"What was that?" said Madam Pomfrey in alarm, but I was now staring between Harry and Mione, who both looked equally amused. I could hear angry voices growing louder and louder.

"Really - they'll wake everybody up!" exclaimed Madam Pomfrey angrily, marching towards the door. "What do they thing they're doing?"

I was trying to hear what the voices were saying. They were drawing nearer-

"He must have Disapparated, Severus," came the first voice. "We should have left somebody in the room with him. When this gets out-"

"HE DIDN'T DISAPPARATE!" Snape roared, now very close at hand. "YOU CAN'T APPARATE OR DISAPPARATE INSIDE THIS CASTLE! THIS - HAS - SOMETHING - TO - DO - WITH - POTTER!"

"Merlin, you're such an idiot," said another voice, and I instantly recognised it as Dad's. "Harry's been locked up-"

BAM.

The door of the hospital wing burst open.

Dad, Fudge, Snape and Dumbledore came striding into the ward. Both Dumbledore and Dad looked calm. Indeed, Dad looked as though he was quite enjoying himself as he practically skipped over to my bed. Fudge, however, appeared angry, but this was nothing compared to Snape-

He was beside himself.

"OUT WITH IT, POTTER!" he bellowed, making my head throb even more painfully. Dad appeared at my side, dropping down next to me and draping his arm comfortingly around my shoulders, his eyes full of worry as he glanced at the fresh scar on my forearm. "WHAT DID YOU DO?"

"I haven't done anything," said Harry casually, propping himself up onto his elbows and smirking up at Snape, who looked as though he was about to strangle the boy at any given moment.

"YES YOU HAVE-!"

"Professor Snape!" shrieked Madam Pomfrey, slamming the door shut again. "Control yourself!"

"See here, Severus, be reasonable," said Fudge awkwardly, glancing at Dad. "This door's been locked, we just saw-"

"THEY HELPED HIM ESCAPE, I KNOW IT!" Snape howled, pointing at Harry, then at me. I gasped at him, shaking my head exasperatedly. Snape's face was twisted, spit flying from his mouth.

"Merlin, man, calm down!" Dad barked, clutching his head. "You're giving us all a headache-"

"POTTER DID SOMETHING!" shrieked Snape, but Harry simply raised an eyebrow up at his Professor. "HE DID IT, I KNOW HE DID IT-!"

"That will do, Severus," said Dumbledore quietly, raising his hand. "Think about what you are saying. This door has been locked since I left the ward fifteen minutes ago. Madam Pomfrey, have these students left their beds?"