'𝟎𝟑

excuse any typos or mistakes.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
𝐊𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒 𝐓𝐀'𝐉𝐀𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐖𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄.
⥊𝘌𝘈𝘚𝘛 𝘕𝘌𝘞 𝘠𝘖𝘙𝘒, 𝘉𝘙𝘖𝘖𝘒𝘓𝘠𝘕, 𝘕𝘠⥊
𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟓, 𝟏𝟎:𝟎𝟗 𝐩.𝐦.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Oh my fucking God bro," Kross mumbled, sighing heavily under his breath as he covered his ears with his pillow.

It was one of those nights, where his parents argued and screamed until his father ended up leaving after his mother put his hands on him.

Their household was on the toxic side since Kilan's death, a reason Kross hated being in his house. Some nights, he went to Nas' window and slept on his floor until early in the morning, when he knew the arguing was done.

Nas's mother didn't mind it at all, being she was barely there, but also because Kross was a good friend to Nas.

After a few more seconds, he rolled out of his bed, his wild curls sticking up in every which way, walking to his window and opening it up quietly. He stepped out onto the fire escape, which was wet from the rain, and knocked on Nas's window.

A few seconds later, the window opened, revealing Nas who had a kids' book in his hand.

"Hey Whoopty," Nas spoke softly, moving out of the way to let his best friend in to get out of the rain. "Y-your parents arguing a-again?"

"Yeah, I know they gonna stop soon. Whatchu reading?" Kross asked Nas, pulling his wet socks off of his feet.

Kross knew Nas had trouble reading because whenever he helped him with his homework, he got caught up on the reading part. It was a reason Nas was in the ESL classes.

"Um, this book my t-teacher book wanted me to practice r-reading. Horton hears a Who," Nas said, squinting a little and sounding the title out slowly.

"Valid. You ate dinner?" Kross played in his wild hair and waited for Nas's response, but he only nodded, letting Kross know that he was lying.

He knew when he was lying because Nas never really lied, so he was bad at it.

"C'mon." Kross stood up and walked out of Nas's room, walking down the small, narrow hallway to the small kitchen to help him make something.

He would've walked to the corner store, but he didn't want to leave Nas alone in the apartment.

"M-My mom ain't go food shopping in a while so there's n-nun really in there," Nas said softly, making Kross pause and turn around, furrowing his perfect dark brown eyebrows at the boy's words.

So what the fuck he been eatin' then?

"Whatchu been eating when you get home Nasir?"Kross looked at Nas for a while, who shifted and pulled the sleeves of the sweater, which was slightly too small over his stomach, over his hands.

"I-I eat lunch at school and save s-some of the stuff for w-when I come home. M-my mom been busy at work s-so she forgot to go food s-shopping." Nas looked down at his mix-matched blue and green socks to avoid Kross's gaze and Kross knew he was embarrassed.

"Why you ain't tell me? You coulda been at my house, you know my parents don't really care," Kross said, sighing a little, and Nas shrugged slightly.

"I-I didn't wanna bother you, y-you already do a lot f-for me so," Nas trailed off and Kross sucked his teeth at his best friend.