His brows furrowed as he looked at me in confusion. It didn't take long for me to realize that all of his good memories with me were erased because that was the night he confessed his feelings to me and the first time we kissed. Makes sense now.

"Nevermind...come on," I nudged him, changing the topic.

We stroll to the far off center, hand in hand, while hearing the ghosts tapping their feet, turning and gliding on the floor. Throughout each verse, we waltzed with tension, drifting around the room. He peers at me intensely, while I buried myself in those stunning, grey, wintery eyes; my long feathery locks strayed with an unnatural breeze as we moved along with the melody.

And then he puts his head on my shoulder. It felt so familiar, taunting my memories. It brought me back to those cold days at the Black Lake, when the two of us would chase each other until one got exhausted. When he'd hold me in his embrace. His fingers wrapped in mine, his lips kissing me in places I would have never expected, the tiny hickies on my neck. They all roamed freely in my head and no matter how much I wanted to hide them in the back of my brain, it always came back, nagging me. Funny how it seemed that I wasn't the only who had a lot in mind.

As we danced, something felt off: an ample of instability glowed in the orbs of his eyes. Before the last chorus of the song, I step back from him, staring. "What's the matter?"

He gazes down to the floor; the couples gracefully fluttering around us, faces foggy, yet all so delighted. "Nothing. Let's just keep dancing."

He takes my hand and continues to step one foot after the other, but I was unfullied with his answer, looking at him concerned. I knew there was something wrong; his smile was gone and he seemed as if he'd collapse to the ground at any second, all of his sadness bottled up into one. We both had secrets we couldn't tell and lies we wanted to share.

"I can't remember anything," he finally speaks. After two minutes of silence, his voice snaps me back into the present. "I can't remember anything from the sixth year, like a whole portion of it is missing. And you--", he moves back, releasing himself from my grip. "You have something to do with it. You--you know what happened."

"I--I don't know what you mean." My head droops down, avoiding those stormy eyes. He grabs my shoulder with one hand and the other on my chin, gently lifting it, forcing me to look at him.

"Please--" Dark, precious, and glassy, almost like he was suppressing a teardrop from falling. They were begging me, pleading for help, and I couldn't give it to him because it'll just make everything worse. His mind must feel... blank, empty.

"I'm sorry." I mumble, holding onto his hand, caressing it with my thumb. "The truth could hurt you and it'll hurt me too." His head sinks back onto my shoulder as I take a trembling breath in, trying not to cry. It did no good since a tear escapes at the thought that maybe it would have all been better if I had never fallen in love with him.

If he had to choose between me and her all over again, I want him to choose her because if he really loved me, there wouldn't be any other choice. Anyways, wouldn't it all be easier?

"Oh look, the music ended...", my voice trails off, A slow gasp slips into a rasp as I struggle to hold in the rest of my tears. He raises his head and admires me with a small, reassuring smile, as he wipes away the wet stain on my cheek.

"Yeah, I guess we have to prepare for war, huh?"

All the males and females, curtsied and bowed; men kissing their partners' hands and vanishing off into thin air. The once bright and lively room had turned shadowy, somber, and...a dark void.

"I have to do something first...Don't wait up for me," I turned around, walking away, as our hands parted from the last touch.

"Promise me that I will see you later tonight", his voice echoes through the abandoned ballroom.

I twist back around, and shrug, "Only time will tell, Draco!" I shout, giving him a hearty smile. He strolls away in content, and I find myself alone.

"Sorry, but I won't make a promise I cannot keep," I whisper to myself.