CHAPTER ELEVEN | opinions

AS MUCH AS Y/n enjoyed her job, she loved her days off. Days like today. Days where she could relax with her friends and her girlfriend. Taylor had just made her famous chai sugar cookies, so she invited Conan, Y/n, Lizzie, and her new friend Olivia. Anytime she made these cookies, she knew who to call.

As they all discussed their careers and other topics they had in mind, Taylor passed out cups of coffee and milk.

Y/n had a special request. Chocolate milk.

"So, while you guys are here, I got to thinking a few days ago," Taylor stated before sipping her coffee. Anytime Taylor said those words, Conan and Y/n would be terrified. They were afraid of anything her mastermind-like brain would come up with. They'd learned that from the time they'd been swifties. "Since I've been stuck on BookTok recently, I thought we could start a book club."

"It's funny that you think I read." Conan sarcastically spoke, which made Y/n instantly laugh. "However, I think Olivia might be into it."

"It's true. I would be into it."

"Great! Y/n, what about you and Lizzie?" Taylor asked curiously. The couple looked at each other, mentally talking to each other to make a decision. It sounded fun, but they weren't sure if their busy schedules would let them. "I'll let you two think about it."

"Taylor, I heard you're working on a new album," Lizzie asked curiously to get the attention off of them.

Taylor began to talk about it like she'd been waiting for someone to ask her about it all day. She talked about her upcoming album for half an hour, her tone full of excitement. The happy couple glanced at each other with smiles on their faces. It didn't take long for the rest of the group to notice the loving stares. They knew that look because they all looked at someone like that at one point, especially Taylor.

They loved that Y/n was happy and that they could enjoy it without the media knowing a thing. That was the best part for them.

The trip back to Lizzie's house gave Y/n the chance to get her opinion on her friends. She'll ask her about it in a minute. Lizzie was talking about something she and Scarlett joked about, and she wanted to let her finish the story before changing the subject.

She also wanted to know the story.

"And that's the story," Lizzie spoke, finally finishing her story. It took her fifteen minutes to get through the whole story, even adding the unnecessary details. "It looks like you wanna ask me something. Maybe something about your friends?"

"Yeah, that's exactly what I wanted to do." She confirmed, curious to find out how she knew that by looking at her. "What did you think of them?"

"I think they're cool. I could see myself hanging out with them more often." She replied honestly. Hearing these words put her thoughts at ease. One of her only worries she had is now gone. "Unrelated, but those cookies were amazing. I have to get the recipe from her."

"You know, she posted the recipe back in 2014 on Tumblr. I have a picture of it. I'll send it to you later."

"It'd be rude for you to gatekeep it from me." She joked, soon hearing laughs from her girlfriend.

The two laughed till their stomachs hurt, soon calming down a moment later. They were silent for a moment before Y/n started up another conversation. "You're going on Hot Ones next week, right?" Y/n asked curiously.

"Yeah, and I'm super excited about it." She spoke excitedly. She went to talk about her schedule for that day and the dinner she'll get later. That was their conversation for the rest of the trip to Lizzie's house.

They always had the best time together.

The next day, she sat at home in her pajamas, watching her favorite show. She was alone for the day since everyone was busy with work or plans with other friends. However, Lizzie was with her family. She always found time to see her family, which reminded Y/n to do the same.

It's been a while since she's seen her family.

The sound of the show on the TV screen filled the silence while she waited for her lunch to arrive. She could have made herself something to eat but she didn't feel like cooking.

Twenty-five minutes passed and then she heard the knock on the door. "I'm coming, just let me get the money!" She yelled to who she thought was the delivery person. She grabbed the money from the kitchen table and then went to answer the door. She opened the door, expecting to see her food delivery guy but she saw Olivia instead. "What are you doing here and where's the food delivery guy?" She questioned as Olivia walked into the house with Y/n's food in hand.

"Well, I wasn't doing anything and I was going to order food but I saw you ordered something so I canceled it and went out to get enough for the both of us." She explained, feeling very proud of her logical way of thinking. Instead of arguing, Y/n just nodded and moved on. "I see you're watching New Girl, I'll be joining if you don't mind."

"Sure, make yourself comfortable."

That's exactly what she did. She put the food on the coffee table and then sat on the couch. This wasn't how she expected to spend her Sunday but she knew it was nice that she wasn't alone. She didn't mind being alone, but it was nice to have company too.

With each episode that passed, the two laughed and cried when it was appropriate for the moment. Since she asked Lizzie for her opinion about her friends, she had to know her friends' opinions on Lizzie.

Once they finished episode twelve of season three, Y/n turned off the TV and turned to Olivia. She looked at Y/n with a confused yet concerned expression on her face and wondered what was on her mind. "Is everything okay?" She questioned curiously.

"Yeah, I just wanted to ask you something. It's nothing serious, I promise." She reassured with a chuckle, soon seeing the concern and confusion be replaced with a smile. She motioned for her to continue with curiosity, very quickly getting an idea of what she wanted to ask. "So, what did you think of Lizzie?"

"I think she's great. Taylor and Conan think the same. We discussed once you left to take her home yesterday." She replied happily, quickly realizing what she said. It was clear that she wasn't supposed to mention the last part, Y/n pretended that she didn't hear it to make her feel better about it. "We'd love to have her around more, she's great."

"Well, now that we've got that out of the way, we can go back to the show."

Olivia turned the show back on while Y/n got some snacks from the kitchen. Her nerves were calm once again.

The two spent the next few hours watching the show together till Conan, Taylor, and Lizzie showed up. Y/n smiled to herself as she watched her friends and her girlfriend having fun and laughing together. This was the best relationship she's been in even though it's been a few weeks.

She couldn't be happier.

————————
brooke speaks!

took me a minute but
there's a chapter now 🥳!
hoping there's no mistakes🤞