Chapter 29. Just do it

I hesitated to send the message from total embarrassment, of not contacting him since the last time I'd seen him. How could you forget... I thought to myself, as I stared at my phone and contemplated.

"Just do it Emery..." I sighed out loud, then decided to text.

Hey... good morning Carter, it's Emery. My apologies for just now contacting you. I've been super busy with work and it totally slipped my mind to call. I'm still up for hanging out tonight, that's if you're still willing... If so, meet me at the bar at 7:00 tonight. It's called Cork & Tap and if you need the address, I can send it later. I hope to see you, sorry...

"Did you text him?" Jessica asked, as she entered the room.

"Yeah... I just did," I sighed, "Is Aiden still here?"

"No, he just left, but he told me to tell you good luck tonight."

"Yeah...? thanks Aiden," I said out loud, with a smirk on my face, then suddenly my phone started to vibrate, "it's him!" my eyes flashed over to hers.

"What did he say!"

My hands started to shake as I tried to open the message to read it.

Hey, good morning Emery no worries, I understand days can be a little hectic, but I'm definitely still interested in seeing you tonight.

Ok cool, and I can send you the info soon.

Great!

A smile came upon my face as I looked up at Jess.

"What Em...?" she asked.

"He said he will be there," I responded. I started to have that nervous feeling again, "this is really happening," I sighed, out loud.

"It is...!" she said joyfully, "and I'm going to help you get ready," she insisted, as she started to dance.

I took a deep breath and rolled my eyes; I just knew that she was going to want to do this big crazy makeover. "I'm going to make you look so good, that he won't be able to take his eyes off of you!" she said, becoming extremely thrilled.

"No Jess..." I sighed, as I imagined how I would look. (A face full of makeup, and tight revealing clothing.)

"Oh come on... I won't go overboard, I promise."

Raising an eyebrow as I looked up at her I groaned, then gave in, "ok fine..."

"Yes!" she shouted.

She was so wired up with excitement, as if shewere the one going on the date.