{XXXII} • Bad News

Start from the beginning

"I'm thinking about tomorrow." I say.

"Why? Are you scared?"
I shook my head.
"Just stressed."
"It's okay. You'll survive and if something happens just call me." Jungkook said. I smiled.
"I will." I answered.

Jungkook changed into pyjama's and I joined him in bed. I lied down and covered myself with the blanket. Jungkook put his phone on the night stand and wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt him kissing my head from the back.

"Good night." He whispered. I smiled. "Sleep well." I whispered back.

~~~

I had been turning and trying to sleep for the longest time. I had a weird feeling in my stomach. I was nervous about tomorrow. I tried not to care, but I just couldn't. I sighed and got up from the bed. Jungkook had turned around in the process of me turning and trying to find a good sleeping position.

I walked to the balcony and went outside to calm my mind with some fresh air.

I wasn't afraid for something specific. Just in general. I felt horrible. I didn't want to know what people would think tomorrow. I didn't want any problems. How would the teachers react? They have all seen the news for sure.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't realised Jungkook had joined me on the balcony. I startled from the figure suddenly entering my sight. "Jeez! You're scaring me!" I say. Jungkook sat down next to me, took my hand and started massaging it. "Why are you so stressed?" He asked.

"I don't know. I know I shouldn't care! And I know it'll probably be all not as bad as I thought. But I just can't stop thinking 'what if'." I say.

"What if what?" Jungkook asked again. "What if the teachers saw the news? What if they kick me out of class. What if they call the cops on me or even you? What if..." I couldn't finish my sentence because of Jungkook pulling me into a kiss.

After a few moments, Jungkook moved away. "What if... you stopped caring for once. Stop caring about anyone else. Put yourself in the first place. Stop thinking about what other people will think. Think about yourself. If not, I'll spank you." He said. I chuckled.

"Are you serious?" I ask. "Mhm." Jungkook said. "If you do that, I won't cook you dinner and I'll skip being your secretary." I smirk. "If you do that, I'll make you still do it."

I laughed and kissed Jungkook again. "Lesson one of being a mafia boss: 'don't care'." Jungkook said. I nodded. "I'll try." I replied. "Do or don't, there is no try."
"Did you just quote Star Wars?!" I asked while chuckling.
"Yes. You better listen to Yoda." Jungkook said. I laughed. "Don't worry, Tae. Everything will be fine. And if they stare at you, Just raise your chin and enjoy the attention." Jungkook said.

I smiled while nodding. We went back inside and I soon fell asleep in Jungkook's arms.

~~~

I woke up due to Jungkook rolling onto me. "Wake up, Tae. It's time for school." He said while kissing my cheek. I woke up with a great amount of reluctance. I sighed and got up. I followed Jungkook to the kitchen and ate my breakfast there.

"Kook?"

"Hmm?"

"What if they kick me out of school?"

Jungkook looked up. "Then I'll come pay a visit to that school of yours." Jungkook said. I chuckled softly.

I changed and got downstairs again, only to follow Jungkook to the car immediately. Jungkook drove me to school. Weirdly enough, I didn't had a gut feeling as I did yesterday evening. I was excited to go to school again. No, not the tests or the homework. I just missed the social interactions.