Chapter 11: Recoveries

(Y/N) sat near Moblit, her hand on his arm. They had made it back to the scouts' base. There weren't any casualties, but a lot of soldiers had grave injuries. Some might not even make it through the night. But at least the expedition had been deemed successful. Erwin seemed satisfied, though the reason was unknown. They had also captured on titan for Hange's experimentation. At the thought of Hange, (Y/N) felt her heart clench. She hoped Hange would make it.

"I'm so glad you're okay," (Y/N) whispered.

"Of course, I am, I'm not going anywhere yet," Moblit chuckled then winced, his hand going towards his ribs.

"Take it easy, Moblit," (Y/N) scolded. "You're still not fully healed yet."

"(Y/N), I'm really thankful you weren't hurt. I know this was your first expedition outside the walls. It must have been scary, huh?" Moblit had a concerned look on his face. He knew all about (Y/N)'s tendency to panic.

"It was terrifying. But it's over with."

"How's...How's Hange?" Moblit asked.

"Last I checked, she was recovering well. They got her in so many casts and bandages and everything," (Y/N) looked at her hands, tears springing to her eyes.

"She'll be fine," Moblit gripped (Y/N)'s hand. "I can't believe you managed to kill that titan and drag Hange all the way to help."

"It's all my fault," (Y/N) sniffled. "She got distracted because of my warning. I should have just stayed quiet."

"It wasn't your fault. You know how reckless Hange is, she was going to get injured some time or later. She was just lucky you were there," Moblit reassured.

"How am I supposed to face her when she wakes up? What if she blames me?"

"Hey, Hange's not like that. Trust me, I've known her for so long. She'll probably thank you for saving her life."

(Y/N) sighed. "I hope she's not angry."

"You should go to her," Moblit nudged.

"I can't leave you, you're my best friend!"

"And she's the woman you love. I'm awake and breathing, I'll be fine. Go to her, (Y/N)."

(Y/N)'s heart skipped a beat. Love? What did Moblit mean by that? Her infatuation with Hange was just a silly crush. She had never romantically loved anyone before, much less a girl. Did that mean...(Y/N) shook her head. She didn't have time to think about this.

"Oh, and I know I don't have to say this, but take care of her for me. I won't be there to make sure she's eating and sleeping, or even getting the right medical attention. I care about Hange's health, but it seems like she doesn't care much for it. Just please be her personal assistant too while I'm recovering?" Moblit asked.

"Of course, Moblit. Don't worry, I'll make sure she gets her rest and proper medical attention."

"Great! Now shoo," Moblit lightly shoved (Y/N).

(Y/N) made a face but moved to the door, pausing before leaving. "Take care of yourself too, Moblit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) hesitated in front of the wooden door. Her nerves were a mess. She didn't know what to expect. Two hours ago, Hange had been recovering fine. She hoped that was still the case. The door opened and the medic stepped out.

"How is she?" (Y/N) asked.

"She's doing much better. Her breathing is normal, and the bleeding is controlled. She'll make it," the medic smiled.