Chapter Twenty One: First Date

Start from the beginning

     He was perfect as well. He was dressed in this light blue, button down shirt and some black jeans. “Thank you.” you said, walking over to him. Niall put his arm around you and gave a look at everyone. “Alright. Well I guess we should be going.” he said. “Alright, now have fun you two! Don’t stay out too long!” Louis said as you and Niall were walking out the door. You smiled. Harry said nothing. All he did was smile. He couldn’t stop. He was looking at you and Niall together. Your eyes met. Harry gave you a little wink. Zayn walked over to you right before you walked out the door. “_____.” he said. You turned and looked at him. He sighed. “Have fun tonight. Alright?” he asked. You immediately grabbed him and held him close. He hugged you back. “I will. Thank you Zayn.” you said. He let go, smiling. Niall was standing properly, waiting for you to come to him. “I love you.” he said. “I love you too.” Zayn then left. Leaving you and Niall alone. You walked down the porch and greeted Niall again. “Shall we?” he asked. You and Niall walked hand in hand to the van. “You really do look beautiful.” he said. You smiled. “Thank you.” you said. He giggled. He opened the passanger door for you. You hopped in. He closed the door then went in on the passanger side. “So, can you please tell me where we’re going?” you asked him. He laughed. “Alright.” he said, backing out of the driveway. “You wanna know so badly? We’re going out to dinner.” he said stepping on the gas, onto the road. “Ooooooh!” you said. “Where?” “That part is a surprise. You’ll have to wait and find out!” he said. You rolled your eyes. “Oh, no attitude!” he joked. He reached over with one hand on the steering wheel. The other one grabbed your hand and held it within his own. Niall drove to the place. He parked the car in this little parking lot. “We’re here!” he said unbuckling his seat and jumping out of the van. He went aorund to your side and opened the door. You grabbed his hand stepping out of the car.

     This place was a very very nice dining place. It was packed. “Oh my God, Niall.” you said. He smiled at you. Niall walked right to the front of the line. “Niall, you can’t just cut in front of all these people.” you said. “It’s not cutting when you have reservations!” he said back. You smiled. He went right to the front of the line, very casually, trying not to draw attention to himself. “Hi.” he said to the lady. She looked up. “I have a reservation for Horan.” he said. The lady looked through the book. “Oh, Horan, party of two?” she asked. “Yup!” he said happily. “Alright, this way please!” she grabbed two menus and walked you to your table. She went upstairs. And then upstairs again. “Niall, this place has three floors?” you asked. He nodded. “Mhhhmmmm. But the third floor is private.” he said. Once you got up to the floor, you noticed that it really was private. There was litterally only one table. A table for two in the middle of the room, with a fireplace. A rose and a candle as the centerpiece. “Alright, enjoy your meals.” she said placing the menus down. “Thank you.” said Niall. “Thank you.” you repeated. Niall pulled out your chair for you. You took a seat. So did he. You kept on smiling. Just looking at the place. “Niall, this is amazing. You really didn’t have to do this!” you said. He shrugged. “I wanted to!” he said. “So what do you want?” you asked. He scrolled through the menu. “I’m not sure. Probably, like the grilled chicken or something. What about you?” “Pasta!” you said. “Oooooohhhh.” he said. You were beyond happy. The waitor came. “So, are we ready to order?” he asked. “Yes.” Niall said. He pointed to you. “I’ll have the pasta fetichini please!” you said. He wrote it that down. “And I’ll have the sautayed grilled chicken.” He wrote that down. “Alright, I’ll be back.” he said. He took the menus then went off. Niall then grabbed your hand from across the table. “So, how do you feel?” he asked. You shrugged. “I mean, about me telling everyone that we’re a thing.” he said. You shrugged again. “I told you! The world will just have to accept the fact that I like you.” you said. He smiled. Then actually sighed. “You do like me for Niall from Mullingar right?” he asked. You raised your eyebrows. “Not Niall Horan from One Direction right?” You smiled. “I like that Niall from Mullingar. He seems pretty cool.” you answered. He smiled. “Good. And I’m glad.” he said. “Anyways, Zayn was speaking with me the other night about you…” he continued saying. “What?” you asked. He was stroking your hand with his thumb. “He was speaking about how he was feeling when he left us. He was telling me directly that he was just nervous that you wouldn’t wanna be with him. That you’d somewhat forget about him and focus on me.” You felt bad. You didn’t want Zayn to feel that way. “And I just wanted you, I’ve probably said this before but again, I want you to know that no matter what we end up doing or how far our relationship will go, I will never ever try take you away from Zayn. I know that you and him are legitimately best friends. We all know that you guys are extremely close and that nothing could ever seperate you. And I don’t want to be the reason of that.” “Niall, you’re no-” “No, no! Listen. I don’t want to be the reason for that. If you want to go away with Zayn for a week or something just to be with him, or if you want to be alone together or whatever you’d like, it’s fine by me. It really is. I don’t mind at all.” Thank you Niall. You were so glad he understood. “Thank you Niall.” you said blushing. He winked at you. “Anything.” he responded. Within a few more minutes your food came. “And here you are.” said the waitor as he gave you your foods. “Thank you.” you said to him. He walked away. As you and Niall ate, all you spoke about was you and him. Or about the band, your relationship with Zayn, how you guys feel and so on. The normal discussions.

     “So, are we getting dessert?” you asked Niall as he finished his food. “Nope!” he said. You were confused. Niall Horan was turning down dessert. “You’re turning down food?” you asked. He smiled. “No, no, no. I mean we are getting dessert. But not here.” he said. He was taking you some where else too. “We’re going some place else too?” He nodded. “Oh, Niall, you don’t have to! This was already so good an-” “Eh, eh, eh! I want to.” he cut you off. You smiled at him. Then the check came. “Thank you.” said Niall as he placed it on the table. Niall grabbed it from the table and placed it on his lap. “Niall, let me atleast pay for something.” you said. He denied it. “No.” he said. “But you always pay!” you argued. The waitor came back to you. Niall handed him the check with his credit card in it without another word. “No. This was our first date. And I should be the one paying for it.” He was such a gentleman. “Thank you.” you said. He nodded. The waitor came back with the check. “Thank you. And have a nice evening.” “Thanks.” Niall said as he took back his credit card and stood up. “Come on now love.” he said. You got up and took his hand. You both headed downstairs. Again, a few girls were staring at you guys bringing out their phones and cameras. Same old. Niall protectively put his arm around you to avoid some of the cameras and hid you as well as possible. You two went back into the van. Where he drove without speaking. “Tell me where we’re going!” you said. He shook his head. “I guess you’ll have to wait and see right?” he asked. You sighed.

     You just wanted to know. It was about a ten minute drive when he stopped along the streets. Close to where the flat was. “Come on babe.” he said. He got out of the car and opened the passanger door. He escorted you out, grabbing your hand. “So, I was thinking that you and I, go out on a little walk together. It’s a beautiful night, why waste it?” he asked you. You nodded. “I’d love that.” you said. He chuckled. A breeze came. You shivered. Niall must’ve noticed cause he said something. “Are you cold?” he asked. You were. “Yeah. A little bit.” you admitted. He was looking around for a place to warm you. Or something to put on you. “Wait here.” he commanded. He suddenly left you and ran into a little store. Of course, he was going to get you something. He came back within five minutes with this big, fuzzy blanket. He was too cute. “Here.” he said. He wrapped the blanket around you and held you close. “Warm now?” he asked. You nodded. “That wasn’t necessary.” you said. “It is if it makes you feel better. Do you feel better?” he asked. You nodded. “Than it’s necessary.” You continued walking, with the cozy blanket wrapped around you. He lead you down to a little quite side street with no houses, stores, cars or anything. It was nice and peaceful. You two walked for a while. Within a half hour of walking, talking and laughing Niall came to a stop. “Now, this. This is what I wanted to show you.” He guided you a bit further where the road ended. All you saw was grass land. And just a few steps further you could see a beautiful lake surrounded by flowers and rocks. “Wow.” you said. It really as beautiful. “How come the boys haven’t mentioned this place yet?” you asked. He shrugged. “I dunno. I think some of them forget about this place. It’s kind of distant and no one really remembers it.” He walked you over to a little bench, close to the lake.

     He sat you down beside him. You leaned your head on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around you. You listened to the crickets. Silence. No one spoke. After a few minutes you looked up at him, head still on shoulder. He looked down at you. He leaned down a litte more. You moved slightly up. Your noses were touching. Niall went in for it. He moved in closer and placed his lips on yours. Your lips were moving in sync. He took his other free arm which was not around you and placed it on your cheek. You took your hands and placed them on his abs. He then took his other hand and started playing with your hair. You continued kissing. You wrapped one arm around his neck as he pulled you in closer. First snog accomplished. Harry will be proud. After your snogging fest you finally pulled back and looked him in t he eyes. “Sit on my lap love.” he said. You moved yourslef onto Niall’s lap. You sat on one knee and he balanced you out with his arms. “_____?” he asked. “Yeah?” you answered. You turned slightly to look at his face. “I love you.” he said softly. That was it. The first time Niall ever told you that he loved you. “Do you love me?” he asked. You nodded. “Yes.” you said. “I love you.”