𝐬 𝐞 𝐢 𝐳 𝐞

Start from the beginning

"I have to get to school, have a nice day with Harry and Leah at the store," Nathaniel pressed a kiss on her forehead and then her lips. Madelyn sighed contently, bringing the sheets closer to her naked body, which were still cold because of the vampire's body temperature. She groaned when she felt her bed getting warmer. She walked into her closet, put some clothes on and got out of her room to get ready. Walking downstairs, she saw her dad at the kitchen table.

 Walking downstairs, she saw her dad at the kitchen table

"Bella just left. Did you wish her a happy birthday? She seemed moody about it, though," Charlie rubbed the back of his neck.

"No, I didn't. She never really liked her birthday anyway, dad. Don't worry about it," Madelyn kissed her dad's cheek and left. She walked to La Push, as she didn't want to shift this morning. She arrived at Harry's fishing store a few minutes later, where a raging Leah was, sitting outside against the wall. Over the few days Madelyn had been working with Harry, she had developed a kind of strange friendship with his daughter. When Seth was coming after school, he was like a ray of sunshine, quite the opposite of his older sister. Madelyn knew what happened to Leah and she couldn't help but feel bad. She had learned about Sam's, Emily's and now Leah's side of the story. She wished for Leah to get better, because even if Sam was her Alpha and her friend, what he did to Leah could have been done better.

"Good morning, Leah," Madelyn smiled warmly at the Clearwater girl. She smiled back, pushing herself up.

"Hey, Maddy. I was waiting for you. My dad asked us to move some boxes," Madelyn nodded and they did that. At the end of the day, Madelyn left for patrol with Jared and only after that, she ran to the Cullen's house to get ready for Bella's birthday party. Nathaniel was already waiting for her outside and brought her immediately into a hug when she shifted back into her human form. 

"I told Edward to not talk to Bella about our engagement. I think he's going to listen to me as he knows I will snap his neck and burn him if he does," Nathaniel smiled when he heard his mate giggled. The vampire hid his face in her neck, breathing her sweet scent before picking her up bridal style. Speeding to their room, Madelyn picked the outfit Alice had chosen for her and put it on.

"Tu es absolument ravissante, chérie [You are absolutely delightful, darling]," Nathaniel stated, looking down lovingly at his small mate, playing with the hem of her dress

"Tu es absolument ravissante, chérie [You are absolutely delightful, darling]," Nathaniel stated, looking down lovingly at his small mate, playing with the hem of her dress. Holding hands, they walked downstairs and joined the rest of the family, plus Bella, who was glaring at Madelyn harshly before Nathaniel stepped in front of her. Alice gave Bella her presents and when she tried to open Carlisle's and Esme's gift, she hissed.