"Everything I've done, every mistake I've made was because I love you more than words,"

"Mom, what are you doing?"

"Luke will explain everything. He'll hide you,"

"Hide me?" Clary asks.

"From the Circle. He's the only one you can trust. Trust no one else,"

"Mom, I don't-"

"Where's Luke now?"

"At the police station!"

"Remember, I love you"

"Clary!"

"Mom!"

Davina's eyes widen even further when Clary vanishes through the purple mass before it disappears and the doors close as if nothing had happened.

"Where- What- How-?"

"It's a long story sweetheart," Dot says. "But I need you to hide somewhere safe okay? I love you"

"I love you too"

"Your mother's name is Titania," Dot says. "And she's not who she will pretend to be when you meet her"

"What?"

"Hide in the attic," Jocelyn says, pulling the ladder down. "Come on Davina"

Davina hastily scales the ladder, pulling the door up behind her before watching through a small in the floor as Jocelyn fights the two intruders with a large glowing sword much like the one she had wielded earlier on that very night. 

"You'll never get the cup," Jocelyn says before pressing the vial to her lips, and consuming the luminescent liquid.

A thud sounds as Jocelyn's body falls to the floor, the vial rolling away from her. One of the men leans down and scoops Jocelyn up, leaving through a swirling purple mass similar to the one Clary had disappeared through.

When Davina was certain that the men would not be making a reappearance she descends the ladder and observes the chaos surrounding her. The smell of smoke filling the air causes the young woman to cough, holding her top over her mouth and nose. The source of the burning was Clary's bedroom, the small room that held every memory of Clary's life was up in a blaze of fire. 

"Davina?" 

The sound of her mother's voice makes Davina spin on her heel and she turns to see Dot. She was covered in soot and her hair was a mess. But something didn't feel right, and Davina takes a wary step forward.

"Mom," Davina says. "They took Jocelyn. Who were they?"

"Rogue Shadowhunters searching for the Mortal Cup," Dot says.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Think, Davina. Did myself or Jocelyn ever talk to you about a cup? A very important cup. It's gold, almost like a chalice"

"No! No, I don't know anything about a cup, mom. One of the antiquities downstairs?"

"No, no, not those. Think, Davina. This could save Jocelyn"

"I can't think. I just watched someone kidnap Jocelyn!"

"You know more than you think you do, Davina Rollins,"

An ear-splitting screech leaves Dot's mouth followed by four tentacles, much like the woman in the club. 'Dot's' clawed hand comes down, connecting with Davina with such force she is sent crashing into the table. Davina scrambles across the floor in an attempt to get  A scream is elicited from Davina when one of the tentacles buries itself in her shoulder, pain coursing through her body. 

What once was Dot raises its claws to deliver what could be the final blow but is halted when a white glowing blade protrudes from its chest. A screech is all that is heard before the creature combusts, crumbling to nothingness to reveal the blonde from the club with a grin on his face.

"What no thank you for saving your life?"

"I had it under control," Davina sways slightly when she gets to her feet.

"Careful. That demon got a piece of you,"

"Demons?"

"Yeah. What do you think that miserable, disgusting thing was?"

"I thought it was your twin,"

"Funny," Jace's tone was flat. "It was a ravener demon, a shapeshifter"

"How did you find me?"

"Your friend Clary bumped into us again, and told us you might be in danger"

"The world is spinning faster than usual," Davina says, placing her hand out to stabilise herself.

"Demon venom,"

"I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's not good?"

Davina feels the final pieces of consciousness slip away from her grasp as her eyes roll back and her body falls forward. Jace swiftly moves so Davina falls into his arms before he places an arm under her legs, sweeping her up into his arms.

"I got you"

Those are the last words Davina hears before she allows the darkness to engulf her entirely, accepting its cold embrace.