06 | ive been sleeping.

Start from the beginning

"Y/N." Your father.

"I've completed my mission, Papa."

"Good girl. That was quick." Your father exhaled a proud sigh, though the phone's microphone wasn't able to pick it up.

"Papa, can you please tell Big Brother Mamo that he owes me that new limited edition snickers bar? He promised that if I was able to complete my mission within 24 hours that he would get me one."

Your high pitched voice bounced off of the warehouse walls. The way you spoke so casually was sickening. It was as if the twisted and unrecognizable body of the former CEO of I.R.I.S. (a secret organization with the task of containing, torturing, containing, experimenting, and investigating destructive quirks) wasn't laid out in front of you, the man's limbs bent in many different ways. His small and large intestines were stretched out as far as they possibly could be, blood spewing out from his gutted out stomach. His ribs were very visibly showing, his heart and lungs on full display. A few of his fingers were tossed off to the side, as well as a stray foot not too far away.

Your mission was to gain information on I.R.I.S.'s methods of investigating destructive quirks. Turns out the facility was withholding information from the government, setting up various torture quirk camps throughout underground. You were told to only kill if necessary, which you deemed the second the fucker tried to place his hands on you.

The records you received included his past criminal records, one of the charges being sexual assault of a minor. You wondered how the guy even got a license to build up such an organization, but then you realized that the guy had bribed his way up to get that license.

'He deserved it.'

"I'll let him know once he gets back from training with your grandfather. You'll be coming back to the Island tomorrow, correct?" Your father responded with an oddly fond tone, one he only used when you had done something to warrant his praise.

"Yeah, I should be back by tomorrow morning. Oh, and make sure Keiko doesn't drool all over my stuff!"

"I'm sure the maids will have your room clean by the time you come back."

"Okay Papa, I'll see you when I get back."

"Bye, N/N."

No 'I love you.' No 'be careful.'

You didn't realize it at the time, but hearing those words were something you longed for. You longed to be appreciated, but not because you completed your mission. You wanted to be appreciated... for just being yourself.

You picked up your stuffed rabbit you had left at the front of the warehouse, hugging it to your chest. With silent footsteps you exited the warehouse, disappearing into the darkness as the light pitter patter of blood became fainter and fainter.

.

Present time.

You snapped out of your trance when you felt a hand gently tapping your shoulder, your head leaning back to see the instigator. Sero gave you a cheeky smile, pointing to the shelves in the corner of the classroom that held all of your hero costumes.

"You looked like you were spacing out, Aizawa-sensei told us to suit up before we head to the training area!"

"Yeah, he said it was pretty far away or something so we're gonna be taking a bus there!" Kaminari added, holding out a suitcase with the number 21 on it. "I decided to grab yours, don't mention it or anything." You took the suitcase from Kaminari's waiting hands, barely missing the slight flirty tone he used.