POA

Nurses and doctors frantically running around Cormac's room. "No! Co- n- no!" Meredith yells tears streaming down her face. "Clear! We have a rhythm." Says a nurse. Meredith pushes through the crowd to get to the front of them. "Co-Cor-" Meredith calls through the glass window looking at his limp body. "This damn virus is killing everyone. There goes our peds surgeon. I quit." Meredith hears people around her saying things. Meredith walk's into Cormac's room looking at Bailey then back at cormac as she grabs his hand. "Meredith..." Bailey says. Meredith is still crying looking at Cormac. She's scared. She's scared he's going to die. Hell he already did they just brought him back. "I think it's time for a vent..." Bailey says. Meredith doesn't move she doesn't say anything, she just stands there looking at his body. The crowd outside of his room starts to fade. "He's cold." Meredith says through tears. Bailey walks over to Meredith "we- we can get him another blanket." Bailey says. Meredith nods as Bailey walks out of the room leaving Meredith and Cormac.

The monitor in the room is continuously beeping. Cormac's heart was beating he was alive. "I don't know if you can hear me... Cormac I need you... I need you to fight we all do. Cormac I like you... like a lot please don't die." Meredith says holding his hand.

*1 day later*

"We still don't have a vent to put him on... his stats are dropping and I'm getting worried." Bailey says to Meredith who was at the nurses station. "I don't understand how we don't have a vent..." Meredith says. She understood it she was just upset. She knows that there's a shortage of vents and medical supplies right now and she knows that Cormac is technically living without it. "Meredith, You know exactly why we don't have a vent. I'm sorry but I don't think he's going to get much better without one. He asked for you... do not go in-"

Bailey starts to say as Meredith walks right into his room. "Hey..." She says quiet. Cormac looks pale, sweaty but cold. "H-hi." Cormac stutters trying to catch his breath as he talks. "I-I-I" Cormac starts coughing "hey we don't have to talk. I'm right here okay? I'm right here." Meredith says walking closer to him holding his hand. She knew what she was doing was extremely against the rules but she didn't care. Cormac had it way worse then she did and she wasn't going to let him die alone. "Miss y-you" Cormac manages to say. Meredith smiles at him "I miss you too. When you get better we should go get drinks... celebrate." Meredith was smiling and so was Cormac but she could tell it wasn't real. She pulls a chair over next to his bed. "You in pain?" He nods as a tear rolls down his eye. "I'm sorry Cor. I'm sorry I have you this, I'm sorry I- I'm sorry I fell and didn't listen to you." Meredith says crying. "No. You didn't." Cormac coughs again as Meredith leans down kissing his cheek. "Cormac-" Meredith is interrupted by Bailey

"Meredith grey if I see you kiss him again I swear to god!" Bailey says making Cormac actually laugh now. "Bailey I have a mask on, and I can't get it." Meredith replies rolling her eyes. "Hayes this is not funny. You could both d-d- stay away from him." Bailey walks into the room more. "Bailey I love you but respectful... no, no I'm not staying away from him. You left me alone when I was fighting this and I will not do that to him he has it way worse than I did. He need support." Bailey puts her hands in her hips as Meredith says this. "He has support. You dying will not help." Meredith sighs and looks down. "Can you stop? Can you stop saying that? No one is dying? K? We are all fine. We are all going to be fine. Stop." Cormac rubs his thumb on the back of Meredith's hand as he looked at her. Her hair was in a ponytail her bangs couldn't quite fit in so they were tucked behind her ears. She was in the dark blue scrubs white white sneakers.

"Mer..." he says catching Meredith's attention "I am dying. It's okay. Don't deny it." Meredith looks at him as the lump in her throat grows. She shakes her head no knowing if she said anything she would break down in tears. Bailey is standing next to her now. "No." She says simply. Cormac looks in her eyes as she lets go of her hand. "Cormac no!" Meredith raises her voice some. Cormac starts to sit up on the edge of the bed his hands gripping the side. "Look at me." He says to Meredith who is looking at the wall. Cormac reaches his arm out holding on to Bailey's shoulder for support "Meredith grey look at me." Cormac repeats himself. Meredith turns her head looking him making her mask slip off her nose. "It's okay, you're okay." He says. Meredith shakes her head at him. "I l- I love you Cormac." Meredith says as her eyes fill with tears. "You can't die." She continues. He looks at her making a sad face. "Come here." He says holding one of his arms open because he was using the other to hold himself up. "Don't you dare touch her." Bailey say. "Miranda Bailey I am touching you." Cormac says as Meredith steps into Cormac's arm with her hands over her face. "Yeah but I'm supposed to protect her." Bailey says. Cormac looks at her as he holds Meredith now with both arms. "I love you too Mer. I promise y-you'll be okay." Cormac coughs a little as he talks. "Cormac." Meredith says as she cries. Cormac sighs rubbing his hand on her back "I want a life with you. I need you. Please." Meredith cries. "Breathe... Meredith breathe." Bailey says standing next to them. Meredith shakes her head no on Cormac's chest making Cormac and Bailey laugh "you're not going to breathe? Grey I'm not really in the mood to save your life today." Bailey says making Mer laugh too. "There's that smile." Cormac says looks at Meredith on his chest. "Promise me you won't die." She says looking up to him. "Mer, I can't do that." He replies Bailey tilts her head at them both making a sad face. "Cormac promise." Meredith repeats. "I promise that I will always love you and want you in my life. I promise your amazing and gifted and- and prefect." Cormac says weakly. Meredith starts to cry again. "Why are you crying?" Cormac asks sitting back down because standing was a lot of work. Meredith doesn't answer him. "Meredith... I promise if I live, I will be with you for ever okay?" Meredith nods at Cormac's comment.

"Doctor Hayes, I think you know what happening but I want to be very clear with you..." Bailey says looking at Cormac who nods. "Why don't have a vent for you to go on and technically right now your fine without one. This means that at anytime you could die." Bailey says as Meredith backs up. Cormac watches her as her back hits the wall it wasn't hard but it wasn't soft. She slides down the wall with her hand on her mouth. "Doctor Hayes, I need you to tell me who your POA is... I know it's a lot to ask but I need to know where your kids are to go if you were to pass away..." Meredith gasps catching both Bailey and Cormac's attention. Meredith rips her mask off her face gasping for air. "Put your mask on!" Bailey yells. "She can't breathe. Bailey she can't breathe." Cormac says.

AUTHORS NOTE:
I think you maybe getting a feel of what happens next but if you don't, hold on. I have a long day tomorrow so I'm not sure when you will get another update. The beginning of this chapter absolutely sucks I just wasn't feeling it but the end is a little better. Thank you fo all the reads and votes. What did you think?