Stairs

Knock knock cormac stands up and walks to his door He turns the knob opening it to see Maggie. "You scared us all cormac." She says he runs his hands on his face "I did what Bailey told me to do... I was sleeping." He says moving to the side of the door letting her come in. "Damn your house is nice." Maggie says. Cormac chuckles lightly "thank you." He walks into the living room picking up the box of cereal he had dropped. "You're welcome. I was told to check your temp and then bring you to grey Sloan so get put on some clean scrubs and wash your face... and brush your teeth." Maggie says looking at her phone that vibrates then up at cormac he nods and walks into the kitchen putting the cereal away then he walks upstairs.

"Make yourself at home I'll be back in five." He says walking up the stairs. His hand grips the reeling. Maggie turns looking up as Cormac's fingers slowly slip off the wooden reeling. His fingers contract around the reeling frantically as his hand fully disappears. Thump thump thump followed by loud bangs and a yell. Maggie drops her phone and the iced coffee she was holding. The sound of Cormac groaning and ice covering the floor takes over the room as she leaps to Cormac's side. "Cormac!" She says scared. He rolls on the floor holding his head. Maggie places her hands on his shoulders steadying him. "Hey, hey let me see. What happened?" She says. He looks at her. "I just s-s-slipped." He replies pulling his hand off his head moving it in front of his face. Maggie immediately places her hand on his head applying pressure. "O-okay... okay let's go to the hospital okay? I'm just gonna grab my phone and then we can go." Maggie says looking at him as a tear rolls down his face. "Are you okay? Can you walk?" She continues Cormac nods as best he can. "Yes..." he replies. She smiles softly it was fake and they both knew that but it helped him relax. "Hold pressure here." Maggie says placing Cormac's hand on his head. Maggie walks over to her phone that's laying on the ground but her spilled coffee and picks it up.

In the car Cormac is still holding his head. "I'm tired." Cormac says is a sleepy voice. Maggie speeds up "don't fall asleep Cormac. Stay awake... talk to me about Meredith." Maggie says trying to distract him. Cormac's eyes widen and he smiles "this grey shirt I'm wearing... it's her favorite. She borrowed it one day when Amelia borrowed her shirt so she had nothing to wear and was going to go get the kids in a scrub top. I offered her my shirt and at fist she said no but then took it and put it on in front of me. I think she did that on purpose... she had on a pink ish bra with black lace details, her hair was curled loosely and she had on jeans. She knotted my shirt at the side because it was a little too baggy. It looked perfect on her. I looked at her "see you look perfect." I say she smiled "I feel like your kinda obligated to say that... it's your shirt." She replied I laughed "that's true but you're beautiful." I responded. Maggie we had been flirting with each other for a while when this happened and seeing her in my shirt just made me want to wrap my arms around her and pull her in for a kiss but I didn't. She took my shirt home and kept it for a little while. She wore it a lot I guess." Cormac explains Maggie pulls up to a red light as she looks at him. "She wore it to bed a lot... that's where I've seen it." She says Cormac smiles "Mhm. She gave it back to me said it was clean and then got paged so she had to leave. Maggie I loved how it smelled like her. I haven't worn it since she gave it back... it still smells like her. I miss her." Cormac continues. Maggie smiles driving again. "She really likes you Cormac... she never wore Andrew or anyone besides Derek's clothes. Maggie says pulling into the hospital. "Hey Cormac! Open your eyes!" She yells scaring him. "I'm too tired." He says closing them again. She teaches her hand over to him shaking him some "I know we're here you can't fall asleep." Maggie says. Cormac starts looking around and breathing heavy "Bailey! Bailey needed me what if Gabby is dying? I need to get to her fast!" Cormac says worrying Maggie. She stops the car in the ambulance bay and opens the door. They are met by Bailey "what the hell happened?" She ask. "He fell down the stairs hit his head we need to page Neuro and get him a CT stat" Maggie says as she walks Cormac into the hospital. He was leaning on her and walking like he is drunk. "Is he half in the bottle?" Bailey asks. Maggie shakes her head "not that I know of." She replies walking into trauma two.

"He has a concussion, I paged plastics so Jackson should be down in a few minutes he will clean up the cut." Amelia says to Maggie and Cormac. "Cormac you need to be careful, take time off work and chill out. No screens at all, that includes texting, tv, laptops, computers, any of it. No reading and nothing that will cause your head to move around too much. Got it?" She orders. Cormac very gently nods as Amelia walks out of the room. After a few minutes of Cormac sitting with Maggie who will not stop texting someone Jackson walks in. "Hey so Amelia says you need to stay the night because she doesn't want you home alone. I'm gonna clean up your cut and then get you to a new room." He say's "okay." Cormac responds Maggie could tell he wasn't happy with that and was in pain. "Cormac does anything else hurt?" Maggie asks looking up from her phone. "No... I mean I have cuts and bruises but no. Has anyone checked on Meredith lately?" Cormac answers. "Still on the vent, stats picked up and she moved her hand... I think Altman said." Jackson replies. "K this may hurt." He continues as he sticks a long thick needle in Cormac's head giving him Novocain so the area is numb. Cormac whines at the feeling of the needle. "I know... sorry man." Jackson says. Cormac doesn't say anything. "Meredith would be making fun of you right now." Maggie says trying to distract him. He chuckles "she would. She would be doing that scrunchy nose thing she does but she would make it fun and a good time.... you guys are boring." Cormac says. Jackson started stitching his head "we're not boring your just in love." He corrects Cormac. "No I'm not. We're friends." Cormac protest Jackson scoffs "yeah until she wakes up and the first thing you do is give her a hug and kiss. Trust me man that's all your going to want to do is kiss her and hold her and keep her safe..." Jackson says speaking for experience.

AUTHORS NOTE:
oh no! Glad Cormac's okay.... double update tomorrow?