XIV. what you needed the most.

hiiiii (not me acting like everything is fine when i did not post for two weeks lol)

hope everyone is doing okay !

updating art classes is actually more complicated than i thought. school is ruining me lmao

i'll try my best to update every week :)

hope ur gonna like this chapter

▪︎

Your hand held on Kakyoin's scarf, which was still rolled around your neck, giving you a constant pleasure humming his sweet perfume. You could not get over how good the scent was: it felt like hugging him.

You decided to finally say something after letting the man swim in an unsustainable silence.

" It's a long story actually, " you avoided any type of contact with him but felt his eyes filled with incomprehension lay on you, waiting for your next sentence.

And the next minutes, you were telling him everything about your past relationship including everything it caused.

The crazy thing about that is how you opened up so easily when the only person that knew everything was obviously Avdol.

___

" And that's it. " this were your last words after telling the insane stuff that happened to you.

You did not pay attention to Kakyoin's facial expressions since you were too focused on your own monologue. Or maybe you were too scared to actually look at him.

Well, definitely the last choice.

Your muscles tensed from a wave of internal panic. How was he going to react? What if he judged you? What if he did not want to hang out with you anymore?

'Stop overthinking everything. If you told him, there was a damn reason.'

The wind was blowing, the trees were shaking.

The wind was blowing, your hair started flying.

The wind was blowing, Kakyoin was saying:

" y/n... "

But the wind was blowing harder, and you were spacing out.

So he repeated again:

" y/n? "

You could not hear it. Why were you not listening to him? If only you had been lucid at this exact moment. Was it because of the wind?

" y/n! "

He repeated again, but louder this time. And with a deep voice that caught your attention.

Suddenly, you felt his large hand covering your cheek, gently rubbing with his thumb. He moved to your chin, carressing your skin with the tip of his fingers. He turned your head in his direction but you kept staring at your shoes.

His hand travelled all the way up to the back of your neck sending you shivers everywhere. He forced the eye contact, bringing you closer to him.

Your eyes locked with his, the wind started blowing even harder.

A tear audaciously escaped from your eye but Kakyoin quickly wiped it with his left index.

His other hand found a way to your waist, then finally landing on your back.

He approched you. Closer. Even closer.

Your head now rested in the crook of his neck while your body was wrapped in a tight and warm embrace.

'Is it what am I searching for? Is it what I was missing for so long now? Is it what I needed the most? Is it the kind of emotional connection I so much dreamt of?'

And what if you just enjoyed the moment?