Chapter 11: Welcome to Cyberspace

Ryoko woke up in the middle of a virtual forest with both her personal Duel Disk on her arm as well as her standard deck, and Seto's personal Duel Disk was strapped to her belt by a thick piece of leather cord

"Man that felt weird," she mumbled as she took in her surroundings.

"You're telling me," she heard Joey said. She turned to face the boys as Mokuba quickly made his way to her side, they then proceeded to make their way through the forest. Mokuba leading the way, hand firmly clutching Ryoko's. "I'm glad I've got my dueling deck with me, but this life point count makes me a bit nervous. I mean, I know what happens in a video game when you lose a life, but I wonder what happens here. Kind of a scary thought," Yugi said nervously from behind her and Mokuba.

"No joke, Yug," Joey agreed. The group then made it to a graveyard.

"Whoa, speaking of scary," Mokuba said nervously, plastering himself into Ryoko's side. Ryoko gave the boy a small, reassuring smile and gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze before her eyes hardened as she scanned the area for visible signs of danger.

"It's hard to believe this is all virtual and not real," Yugi said.

"Yeah, well it looks plenty real enough to me," Joey said as they kept walking through the graveyard.

"Zombie alert!" Joey yelled suddenly. They quickly spun of their heels and saw Armored Zombie standing ominously. Seconds later, Clown Zombie and Dragon Zombie appeared.

"Wait a sec, these zombies are nothing, but duel monsters. So if I just draw a card then...then I don't really know what," Joey said, his eyes staring nervously at the approaching zombies.

"Let me show you how it's done," Mokuba stepped forward confidently and drew a card from his deck. "I summon the Rude Kaiser!" He said.

"And I summon the Dark Magician!" Yugi summoned his favorite monster.

"I summon the Fairy Dragon!" Ryoko called out, summoning a beautiful dragon that vaugly resembled a butterfly. Their monsters appear on the field as they were summoned.

"Attack!" The three all shouted. Rude Kaiser took out one while Dark Magician and Fairy Dragon took out the other two.

"So that's how you do it in virtual world," Joey mumbled, a gobbsmaked expression on his face.

"They're back!" Mokuba cried out in shock.

"I got this! I summon the Flame Swordsman! Flaming Sword of Battle!" Joey ordered his favorite monster to the field. The attack points rose on all the zombies.