"He lost a lot of blood Frank," Bob started. "He had surgery as soon as he got to the hospital and a blood transfusion, but he's still unconscious. I don't know what else to tell you kid. They haven't said either way whether they think he'll make it."

Frank pushed the heels of his hands into his eye sockets, seeing stars as he did. He couldn't believe this was happening.

"We both know that that pain in the ass is a tough motherfucker though, don't we?" Bob tried to lighten the mood.

"Yeah" Frank smiled the smallest smile; it was all that he could manage.

After another torturous couple of days, Bob returned to Frank's cell. Frank froze in fear; dread flooding him at what Bob might have to tell him. He held his breath as Bob began to talk.

"He's awake, Frank" he beamed into his now favourite inmate.

Frank jumped up from his bed, overcome with joy. His obvious lack of sleep and constant worry ebbing away from him. He couldn't help himself, as he threw his arms around Bob and squeezed him tightly. Even Bob found Frank to be adorable and managed a slight pat on his back in reply.

"He's going to be ok, but he's not 100% yet" Bob smiled to Frank.

"Thanks Bob" Frank hollered as he headed out to find Ray.

-------------------------------

The powers that be were still pissed that nobody had been held accountable for what had happened. It looked bad on the institution and they were still questioning a lot of people. Nobody was talking and nobody ever would.

Bob appeared yet again at Frank's doorway and nodded his head to the side for him to follow.

"Where are we going?" Frank asked.

"You're wanted for questioning Frank," Bob answered in reply.

"What?" Frank snapped. "I know fuck all. If I did, don't you think I would have done something about it."

"Look kid" Bob retorted, "I'm just doing my my job, so just shut the fuck up and follow will ya?"

Frank was pissed beyond belief as Bob led him through corridors he'd never been down before. He would be so pissed if this affected his release date.

He was raging inside as Bob led him through door after door. He kept questioning him on what they would ask him, and complaining that they should be trying to find the actual culprit and not questioning Gerard's friends. Bob sighed and told Frank to shut up and just get on with it. Told him to tell the truth and everything would be fine. Frank followed like a moody teenager and Bob just laughed at his attitude.

"It's not fuckin' funny Bob" Frank hissed.

"It kinda is" Bob replied with a grin as he watched Frank's stroppy shuffle along the long passageways.

As he unlocked and opened the last door, he ushered Frank inside. He shuffled his feet behind Bob, head down, jaw jutted out in temper.

"You've got twenty minutes kid," he winked to Frank, giving a little ruffle of his hair as he did.

Frank looked at him confused and then took in his surroundings. Looking around, he realised he was in the prison infirmary. As he looked to his right, he was met with a mop of red hair and a beautiful face smiling towards him.

"You bastard" he laughed towards Bob who was laughing back at him. He ran at Gerard as fast as his legs would go and probably hurt his lover with the force he applied when he threw his arms around him.

He looked up at Gerard and noticed tears quietly slipping down his face. He wiped them away and kissed the stained streaks. He was breathless and the relief that washed over him felt like a warm hug.

"You fucking scared me Gee" Frank whispered as he held onto Gerard's hands.

"I'm sorry" he replied, lifting Frank's knuckles to his lips and kissing them softly.

Frank sat on the edge of the bed and drank in every part of Gerard's face. He had missed him so much. He couldn't imagine being apart for months when he was released.

"How are you feeling?" he asked looking towards where he presumed his injury was.

"I'm fine" Gerard spoke quietly. "They're just keeping me in here for a few days in case of infection."

"What happened? Who did this to you?"

Gerard shrugged. "I honestly don't know. I just remember being grabbed from behind and then hitting the floor. That's it. Nothing else."

"Well you're ok. That's what matters" Frank smiled easily. "I'm gonna look after you when you're back" Frank squeezed Gerard's cold hands. "I'm gonna look after you forever."

Gerard smiled at that. "We'll look after each other. Yeah? No more pissing about when we're out of here Frank. I want a simple life with you. It's all that's kept me going, the thought of you and I, and our future. If that's what you still want" He looked at Frank hoping he still felt the same way.

"I can't wait Gee" he cuddled into his side. "I fucking love you like you wouldn't believe."

"I love you too Frankie. So much" Gerard smiled. "This has made me think a lot you know; about us? And I wanted to ask you Frank "........ he took a deep breath,

"When we're out of here" he began nervously. "Would you maybe wanna marry me?"