Chapter Six: Eavesdropping

Start from the beginning

     You knew that Irish accent. “Come on man. Little things!” Harry exclaimed. “Oh no Harry.” you thought to yourself. “I mean, she’s a nice girl. Very pretty, good sense of humor.” Niall commented. You heard someone clap. “Niall! That’s perfect! Why won’t you consider?” Louis wondered, filled with curiosity. You heard a sigh. “I mean, I don’t know. Maybe I do like her a little.” Niall explained. You bit your lower lip. “I think you should ask her out.” Harry told him. “I don’t know man. I mean, she’s Zayn’s best friend. What if I do something stupid and she gets mad at me? Or what if Zayn doesn’t approve?” Niall questioned. Your heart was going a thousand miles an hour. “Zayn will come around.” Louis assured him. You couldn’t believe what you were hearing. “Can you please just think about it? It’s pretty obvious to me and everyone else that you have a thing for her.” Harry added in. “Zayn?” Niall automatically questioned. There were a few moments of silence. “Well Zayn doesn’t exactly notice anything. He’s just flat out oblivious and he's too happy that _____'s here in order to focus on his surroundings.” Louis answered back. “He spends too much time with Harry.” you thought to yourself. “I don’t know.” you heard Niall's final answer. Someone was getting up from the couch and headed towards the stairs. You ran back up to your room, waking Eleanor and Danielle. “What the-?!” “Is everything alright _____?!” Eleanor questioned frantically. You took a deep breath. “Yeah.” you said, regaining your breath. “Everything’s alright.” “You sure?” Danielle asked. You nodded. “Just fine.” “Goodnight.” you said as you went into bed. Eleanor and Danielle exchanged looks, shrugged and turned off the lights. “Maybe I do like him….” you said to yourself as you fell asleep.

     The next morning came and you were awaken by Liam James Payne. “_____, _____ love.” he said while shaking you a bit. You opened your eyes to reveal Liam completely dressed and ready to walk out the door. “You need to get up love. Photoshoot time.” he said as he pulled the covers off you. You forgot about that. “Oh, right.” you said groggily. You got up and stretched. Liam exited your room. You got your clothes together and changed as fast as you could. Everyone was getting ready. “Good morning!” you heard Louis say as he hopped over to you. “Morning Lou.” you said. “We’re all getting breakfast on the way, so are you ready to go?” he asked. You nodded. “Ready.” The eight of you headed into the van. Zayn was checking himself out in the mirror one last time. “Come on Zayn!” you called while pulling him away from his reflection. “Hey!” he shouted. You ignored it and kept on walking. You saw Harry and Louis over by Niall whispering things. You were debating whether or not you should tell Harry you overheard them last night. You headed into the van, taking a seat next to Zayn and Eleanor. You checked Twitter again. You got thousands of more followers. Harry tweeted you. “On our way to a photoshoot with three lovely ladies. @DaniellePeazer @EleanorJCalder @_____ ;)” You ReTweetd it and turned your phone off.

     They stopped at McDonalds. “Let's run in and grab something. Harry and _____ can you stay here and guard please?” Louis asked. You and Harry nodded. “Sausage and egg on a biscuit?” Zayn asked before heading out. “You know me too well.” you winked. He winked back and went off with the others. Right when the door closed, you were about to kill Harry. You climbed over the backseat and grabbed him by his shirt. He looked mortified. “What on earth did you say to Niall last night?!” you scolded. “I-I-I-” Harry had a difficult time putting a sentence together. “I heard you and Louis talking to him last night! What are you doing?! Trying to set us up?!” you asked him. He yanked you off him. “I'm sorry _____! It’s just that everyone thinks he likes you and it needs to be addressed! If you heard him, then you heard that he may like you! You should be happy!” he defended himself. You didn't answer. “We just want you and him to be happy, that’s all.” he continued. You took a deep breath. “I’m sorry if you don’t want to be with him.” he said sadly. Now you felt bad. “I’m sorry Harry." you apologized. "I didn’t mean to get all mad. It’s just something new ya know?” you asked regretting you yelled at him. Harry nodded. “Sorry I didn’t get your permission to talk to him.” he said. You nodded. “But.” you said a bit more cheerly like. Harry's head shot up. “I kind of like him...” you told him honestly. Harry looked like he was about to hit the ceiling. “What?! What you do?! Oh my God, this is going to be the best thing ever!” he practcally shouted so the whole parking lot could hear him. “But you can’t tell him!” you quickly said. He made a face. “What? Why not?!” he asked while his excitement dialed down. “Cause! Just please don’t tell him or anyone else okay? I trust you! I don’t want anything starting quite yet.” you explained yourself.

     “Does Zayn know?” he wondered. You shook your head no. Harry bit his lip. “I think you should tell him. I mean, he is your best friend after all.” he advised. Everyone came back into the van. “The line was realy short and no paps were there.” Louis explained to you and Harry as he and the others hopped inside. Niall was climbing into the van when he looked at you and smiled. “Hello.” he said calmly. “Hi.” you answered. You felt Harry kick your seat. You threw a napkin at him. You caught a glimpse of his smile. Zayn sat back down and handed you your meal. “Thanks babe.” you said as you opened the bag. A bite was taken out of your sandwich. “Zayn.” you slumped. He giggled. “Here, have some of mine.” he offered while handing you his bacon and egg McMuffin. You took a big bite of it. “Not that much!” he shouted. You teased him as you ate your own breakfast.

     You got to the photoshoot. It was fun watching the boys act like idiots and getting pictures of it. Zayn pulled you into one of the shots. “Zayn!” you complained, being all camera shy. “Awwww, come on.” he whispered in your ear. He went over to the cameraman and whispered something in his ear. The cameraman nodded. “Come on. Me and you are going to be taking a few shots together.” he said while pulling you aside. All the others, even Eleanor and Danielle were acting foolish and taking stupid pictures with the others. You and Zayn went to a seperate set. “Come on. Sit on my lap.” he said as he took a seat on a bench. You took a seat on his lap as he put his arms around you. The cameraman took a few shots. You could tell the others were looking at you since there was no more yelling or laughing. “Awwwww.” you heard Liam say. You looked over at him. You leaned your head against Zayn’s chest. “I love you.” you whispered up at him. “You know I love you more.” he answered. You smiled as the cameraman continued taking pictures. Zayn switched his position. “Stand up.” he said. You stood up straight as Zayn came from behind you and wrapped his arms around your waist like a high school prom picture. A few more shots were taken. Zayn was kissing you on the cheek, putting you on his back, holding you tightly. It was cute.

     You got a glance of Niall and he looked a little upset. Jealous maybe? After the whole photo session of you and Zayn, you took a lunch break. Zayn was busy talking to the cameraman about something. “You and Zayn are so cute.” Louis said while taking a bite out of his sandwich. “Thanks.” you replied. He smiled. Niall came over and took a seat next to you. He had a nice salad with him. Whenever you saw him you kind of felt awkward thanks to Harry. “Come on guys. We need to get back to buisness.” Liam said as he threw out his garbage. “But I just got here.” Niall protested. “Well you and ____ and stay here and meet us when you're finished okay?” Liam asked. No response. Louis, Eleanor, Danielle and Harry went back. Harry patted you on the back while he passed by you. More awkwardness. Niall finally spoke up after a few minutes of no talking.

     “Umm _____.” he started off. “Yeah?” you asked. He turned his body around so he could face you. “I kind of want to say something." Your heart went beating fast again. “What’s that?” you asked. Niall cleared his throat. “Well, ya see, last night... Myself, Harry and Louis had a little talk... And-” he was cut off. “Come on guys!” a security guard said. You both sat there for a moment, wondering if you should finish the conversation. “Uhhh… We’ll talk later alright?” Niall suggested. You nodded. Niall threw out his container as you both headed back to the set. Harry immediately ran over to you. “So?” he asked a bit excited. “Nothing. He got cut off.” you answered. Harry stomped his foot on the floor. “Rats!” he said. You weren’t happy. Niall was about to tell you something. Something that obviously needed to be said and you lost the moment. Again. Just what you needed.