Kabanata 15

Kabanata 15
Outrage and Mistrust

(Aidan's Perspective)

The world is so vast, I am sure I could find a certain person... at a certain time and place, in a very easy way. There are so many chances out there, no need to go in deeper places. But how can I be sure if it came to your life uncertainly?

I remember when I had a rivalry between me and this nerdy guy named Yoseff. At first, pinag-agawan namin kung kanino mapupunta ang bahay na pareho namin gustong bilhin.

I didn't expect that it would happen since ang sabi ng seller sa akin ay ako lang ang natatangi niyang tinanggap na buyer. Nakalimutan daw niya last time, kaya tumanggap siya ng isa pa.

We never actually fought in an aggressive way. Pinag-usapan lang namin ito ng maayos. Kalmado naman kasing kausap si Yoseff, kaya mabilis kaming nagkaroon ng deal na pareho namin sinang-ayunan.

He's the one who came up with the idea that we could share the house that we both wanted. Nung una, inisip ko kung nag-iisip ba siya ng maayos. We didn't even know each other. I don't trust him, even though he sounds so smart that I find his suggestion really convincing.

Pumayag ako dahil wala na akong ibang mahanap na mas better pang place na maaari kong pagtir'han.

For weeks that had passed, nagkaroon kami ng ilangan sa loob ng bahay. Natatandaan ko noong una ko siyang nakatabi sa kama. Kahit pareho kaming lalaki, at walang kaso sa'kin ay dama ko ang kaniyang kaba sa aking presenya. Hindi ko alam kung anong klaseng tensyon ang nararamdaman niya kaya pinabayaan ko nalang. Inisip ko na baka hindi lang siya sanay na may katabi sa pagtulog.

Lumipas ang ilang linggo, nasanay din kami sa presensya ng isa't isa. I treated him like my younger brother, because he is so much alike with my real younger brother, Axcel, in terms of attitude and way of thinking. Sometimes innocent, sometimes feisty. Pareho silang masarap asarin, kulitin at inisin. Nakakaaliw.

Kasalukuyan ko pang girlfriend si Claire nung mga panahong iyon. I remember those times when I praise her in every way that she acts. She's beautiful, smart and kind-hearted. For me, she's considered to be one of the most perfect girls that a guy could have, and I felt grateful to have her.

I thought, I will be happy with her, and she as well. But the more it gets longer, the more it gets boring. After a span of time, everything went numb, and her being was no more special. She became unreachable. Alam ko ang dahilan. Ayaw sa'kin ng magulang niya kaya pinili niyang umiwas, even though we're still together.

Later on, she initiated the break up. I wholeheartedly accepted it. I just made a decision to let her go. Wala nang mangyayari kapag pinagpatuloy pa namin ito. She's getting more invisible to the point that I can't see even a glimpse of her soul. She chose to be like that instead of being just transparent that could make me able to see her beauty inside, appreciate it, like I always do. Invisible and transparent, they are still different in such ways, even though they possess almost the same meaning.

I cried, neither for her nor because of sadness, but for being alone all this time. She is not the reason of my agony.

I remember that night when I am drowning with liquors. Yoseff came to save me, walking towards me with simplicity, yet he immediately managed to caught my attention. The demonic vibe of Ren's party opposes his angelic face. He's like a lost lamb in a sea of raging wolves. All of us were viciously having fun, dancing wildly to the beat, poisoning ourselves with strong alcohol drinks, then he just came with his usual cute and innocent expression, seems unaware of where he came.

He's so interesting. I smirked in amusement.

"Hoy, Aidan. It's time to go home," he tried to slap me repeatedly to wake me up. Hindi ko talaga malabanan ng todo ang antok.